The incumbent will facilitate child/ sponsor relations in the Area Program and ensure their full compliance with World Vision International standards and policies, World Vision Armenia’s sponsorship procedures and objectives.
Ensuring Quality Sponsorship Operations:
- Maintain and regularly update Area Program sponsorship database to provide accurate information on registered children, including the most vulnerable non-registered children (personal data, participation, need, etc.);
- Ensure that all the communication/ materials received from the Country office Sponsorship Department is acknowledged and processed;
- Contribute to the friendly relationship between Sponsors and registered children via timely and efficient correspondence processing and query responding at the Field Office Level;
- Create and maintain up-to-date individual files for each child registered in the program, ensuring all necessary information is kept within the file;
- Contribute to the well-being of children in target communities through case management;
- Coordinate/ facilitate sponsors' visits to the Area Program including transportation and accommodation issues, ensure Child Visitation and Protection standards are followed accordingly, provide orientation and translation support if requested, prepare sponsor visit report;
- Use every opportunity to integrate Sponsorship requirements with other projects and communities' activities.
Participate in Community Transformation Processes:
- Plan and oversee the activities on parents' awareness on sponsorship issues, child management standards and other requirements in the targeted communities;
- Participate in staff meeting in the Area Program and ensure that sponsorship standards are met while designing activities;
- Provide training to community mobilizers and local partners involved on sponsorship processes;
- Support to the process of making Sponsorship as an Asset for children, families and community;
- Contribute to child empowerment through child participation and voice and to strengthen comment-led care and protection;
- Contribute communication skills development among children using different relevant tools.
Sponsorship in Programming:
- Contribute to the need-based contextualization and implementation of Child Sponsorship programming tools (e.g. child selection criteria, registered children inclusion, Sponsorship in Programming reflection tool, Mapping, etc.) by tracking the efficiency of those tools and regularly informing the Marz Development Manager and Sponsorship Manager;
- Pursue, facilitate and track intentional registered children involvement in Program activities with provision of relevant verification materials;
- Ensure the regular awareness raising and reflection among target community members and especially with registered children and their families;
- Act as a field level child protection point person.
- Higher education;
- Experience in working in the field of public relations, community mobilization, child protection and education;
- Good speaking and writing communication skills in English language;
- Competency in data collection and analysis combined with reporting skills;
- Experience in utilizing spreadsheets, database programs and word processing systems;
- Ability to apply critical thinking and reflection in daily work;
- Ability to set priorities and follow through to completion of complex tasks;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders;
- Ability to build collaborations for child well-being;
- Basic project management skills;
- Facilitation and coordination skills for child sponsorship activities and processes;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Experience with international NGOs or other similar organizations is preferred;
- Ability to travel locally up to 10 percent of time.
About World Vision Armenia
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision pursues life in all its fullness for every child and serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
World Vision first came to Armenia for providing emergency aid to the victims of December 1988 devastating earthquake. During the next years WV's projects have gone beyond meeting the demands of crisis situations to changing the quality of life in entire communities and helping Armenians to restore their country.
World Vision Armenia works in 256 communities in six Marzes of Armenia and in Yerevan supporting 34,126 children and their families. The Organization fulfills advocacy, health care, education, economic development, child protection and spiritual growth activities.
WV Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Development Programs (ADP) that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. ADPs are focused on promoting child well being through community participation and ownership.