IUNetworks LLC is looking for a Business Analyst who will have the primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
Specific work elements of the job include but are not limited to:
- Work with the project manager to document the product's vision and the project's scope;
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/ or viewpoints;
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely;
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements and quality, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements;
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents; participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly;
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project;
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process; assist with the development of the organization's requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools;
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects;
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis; propose new product features and updates.
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Telecommunications Engineering or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience as BA or in a relevant position;
- Interviewing and listening skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say;
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements;
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff;
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering);
- Understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment;
- Knowledge of project management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed.
About IUNetworks LLC
IU Networks LLC is an information technology company that provides integrated solutions of hardware supply and software development.