As a Database Developer, the incumbent will be working in a team on projects designed for airlines, railway and trucking companies such as United and SouthWest Airlines, FedEx, CSX Transportation and Amadeus.
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development;
- Write optimized T-SQL queries to meet client expectations;
- Develop proof of concepts for technical evaluation and early customer feedback;
- Participate in SQL server design, data modeling, development, debugging and optimization;
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects;
- Evaluate the existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency;
- Communicate on-site POC/ client on a daily basis to provide updates as well as elicit new requirements;
- Perform troubleshooting steps, if any, in the phase of implementation, customization and configuration;
- Develop tests and perform functional testing for created database objects.
- University degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field;
- 2-4 years of experience in the related field;
- Comprehensive understanding of SQL Server 2016/ 2014 design and development;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting, as well as under pressure and time constraints.
- Working knowledge of C# and .NET;
- Experience with SSAS: Multidimensional database, MDX, SSIS and SSRS;
- Experience in applying database technology in BI environment;
- Ability to interact with clients;
- Experience with Agile methodologies;
- Knowledge of other in-memory database technologies.
About OPTYM Armenia LLC
OPTYM Armenia head office is based in Florida, USA. Our main specialization is developing and licensing large-scale computer models and software to help transportation industry managers analyze and solve complex network problems. We are expert in optimization and simulation techniques, and packaging these techniques with the latest information technology software. We specialize in developing very efficient, responsive, interactive, and user-friendly software solutions to complex decision problems in the field of transportation.