- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant real-time applications;
- Responsible for coding new designs and updating, standardizing and re-factoring existing parts of the site;
- Integrate the front-end elements into the application;
- Responsible for ownership of building and maintaining the back-end of the application;
- Manage the interchange of data between the server and the users;
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end;
- Integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Implement and manage MixPanel, Kissmetrics, Segment, etc. for customer and product analytics across all products;
- Implement security and data protection;
- Perform unit and automated test case development;
- Work well both independently and as part of a team with a proactive attitude to problem-solving;
- Work closely with a small, but established and experienced team of Back-End, Front-End, Mobile Developers and Product Managers;
- Manage individual tasks priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or a related discipline;
- Experience with HTTP, HTTPS and WebSockets;
- Experience in implementing RESTful APIs;
- Experience with MySQL database;
- Experience with front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3;
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Understanding of differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and ability to optimize output to match the specific platform;
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Experience in using JIRA, BitBucket or similar source code control;
- Ability to write clean code and technically document it;
- Logical thinker;
- Strong team player who is willing to listen, learn, teach and help the team;
- Highly driven person; willingness to work in a start-up environment and with an international team;
- Transparent and reliable person who values ethics;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Flexible and solutions-oriented person with a great attitude;
- Ability to adapt to different and changing environments, people and priorities;
- Fluency in English language.
- Experience in PHP, Laravel and YII frameworks;
- Experience of implementing MixPanel, Kissmetrics and Segment;
- Experience in working on real-time game applications.
About Bookamed Technologies LLC
BookAMed is a technology driven employment agency for the recruitment of doctors in the UK. BookAMed, an innovative online and mobile platform for Doctor recruitment that enables:
– Hospitals and Doctors to avoid intermediaries and connect directly;
– Hospitals to find vetted and quality rated Locums;
– Doctors to find Hospitals for work based on their preferences;
– And, reduction of the administrative burden of Hospital Managers and Doctors through automation.
BookAMed enables Hospitals to reduce recruitment agency commission costs by 75%. For Doctors, BookAMed allows flexible working, easy access to a variety of jobs, earn higher rates and reduction of paperwork and administrative tasks through automation of time sheets, invoicing and pension forms.
The mission of BookAMed, a health-tech start-up headquartered in London is to leverage technology and drive innovation in primary care doctor recruitment. Founded in 2016, BookAMed contracts with establishments of the National Health Service (NHS) and Doctors across the UK to provide an innovative platform for locum recruitment. The team comprises of former strategy consultants, engineers, medical practitioners and mathematicians who are keen to leverage their experience of working with large global businesses and make doctor recruitment easy, transparent and affordable.