VMware is looking for a highly motivated Senior Technical Program Manager to join the Company’s team in Yerevan.
- Own the success of key software releases at VMware, be the credible and trusted leader to deliver these SW releases to customers on plan and with high quality;
- Drive the planning and execution of releases from concept to GA; lead a delivery team of Product Managers, Engineering, QE and other functional teams to deliver throughout all the release phases;
- Build and run with the team the release master plan (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.); use own technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution;
- Be the expert on release life cycle processes and champion process best practices, metrics and high quality standards with own delivery team;
- Independently and accurately report on the state of own release to executive stakeholders; act as the trusted speaker on the state of release in key checkpoint reviews;
- Take release deliverables Live after driving legal compliance and launch activities;
- Coach other Program Managers to maintain consistently high standards of communication, productivity and teamwork across all Program Managers;
- Work with the Engineering Team to identify and remove cross product roadblocks early in planning phase itself;
- Make constant assessment of feature pipeline, work done and work quality to support decision making on release delivery schedule.
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, Electrical Engineering, or a related field;
- More than 5 years of experience in running software engineering and project/ program development management; practical experience in Agile methodologies and in running cloud-based projects are a plus;
- Practical experience in program-managing software-as-a-service products and cloud-based services; solid knowledge in cloud technologies and DevOps practices;
- Experienced in software development and project/ program management fundamentals (software development life cycle and quality processes, such as scoping, costs, schedules, deliverables, change and risk management and mitigation);
- Excellent oral/ written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills; outstanding organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills;
- Exceptional skills influencing, teaming and delivering solutions in a highly complex and nebulous environment;
- Ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion;
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment and drive change across VMware engineering groups;
- Strong software engineering technical background with a passion for delivering high performance, quality software;
- Ability to synthesize strategic solutions to interdependent and broad problems.
About VMware Armenia
VMware, Inc., founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA, is an American software company that provides cloud and virtualization software and services. For more information about VMware, please visit: www.vmware.com.