"My Armenia" Program and Solimar International work with a broad range of tourism-related enterprises and destinations, many of which require video marketing material. To support the development of these enterprises and related tourism experiences, "My Armenia" is seeking an accomplished Videographer to work with the Organization’s current rough video library as well as create a new series of videos for various purposes.
- Produce long and short-form content videos;
- Create work that aligns with and maintains the visual identity of the "My Armenia" brand and project objectives through a video;
- Ensure outputs meet the agreed-upon plan from both a creative and strategic messaging standpoint;
- Under the guidance of the "My Armenia" Marketing and Communications Specialist, help to develop and execute ideas for new approaches, concepts and storytelling that align with project goals;
- Place a high level of importance on innovative ideas and creativity;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with "My Armenia" stakeholders, delivering work that will make them confident and excited about their tourism experiences;
- Perform well in a team environment and interact in a positive, professional manner, while maintaining an "easy to work with" attitude with team members and clients;
- Perform well in circumstances that might not always be ideal, and under tight deadlines;
- Produce story-boards and concept scripts for each shoot to ensure a clean and organized approach;
- Partner effectively with team members, project specialist(s) and Chief of Party to ensure deliverables are on-time and meet all project requirements.
- More than 3 years of professional experience in visual creative development for marketing/ advertising/ communications;
- Proficiency in editing software (such as Avid, FCP, preferably Premiere and After Effects);
- Availability of a portfolio and demo reel demonstrating strong video editing/ shooting capabilities;
- Overall business acumen, with the ability to think strategically and problem-solve;
- Highly organized person with the ability to multitask with careful attention to detail;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills coupled with a positive and energetic attitude;
- Proficiency in post-production workflow, including editing, color correction, sound mastering and sub-titling;
- Availability of own equipment, including camera, microphones, lighting, computer, editing software, etc.;
- Expertise with running camera, capturing field audio, conducting interviews and filling other diverse roles during a shoot.
About Smithsonian Institution
The Smithsonian Institution is the largest museum and research complex in the world, offering unparalleled breadth and depth across disciplines and functions – from astronomy to natural sciences, from ancient archaeology to modern art, from the study of ancient traditions to the exploration of contemporary crowd-sourced content, covering 20 museums, 9 research centers, and the National Zoo in Washington DC U.S.A.
Solimar International is a sustainable tourism development and marketing firm dedicated to helping destinations enhance and connect their unique travel experiences to travelers. Over the years Solimar has supported over 200 destinations, assisted more than 2,500 tourism businesses, trained more than 5,000 tourism professionals and inspired more than 25 million travelers to learn about and explore our planet. In partnership with the Smithsonian Institute, Solimar International is starting a 4-year Cultural Heritage Tourism Activity in Armenia to enhance tourism products and circuits in the country and connect travelers to the unique travel experiences offered in Armenia.
The Smithsonian Institute will lead the project with funding from USAID and other supporters. Solimar International will be working with the Smithsonian Institute to implement the project together. The overall objectives of the project include:
- Improve the tourism product offering of Armenia;
- Improve Service delivery along strategic tourism corridors and circuits in Armenia;
- Improve cultural tourism sector workforce skills;
- Coordinate among donors and supporters.