Checchi and Company Consulting, an international development firm based in the United States, is implementing the USAID-funded Armenia Integrity Project. The purpose of the Integrity Project is to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia by strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems, supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention, and facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable. Checchi is seeking qualified Armenian citizens for the position of Accountant to support the Project’s accounting and financial operations, working under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Review and verify all payments before they are presented to signatory authorities, ensuring accuracy of figures, legitimacy and sufficiency of supporting documents, and that charges are made to appropriate account codes;
- Prepare payments through the bank and maintain cash ledger for all transactions;
- Maintain bank accounting records and reconcile bank accounts;
- Monitor and reconcile deliverables/ payables and facilitate subsequent clearance;
- Prepare financial reports required by Checchi and submit relevant accounting documents to the home office each month;
- Assist the Director of Operations in preparing budget projections and monitoring expenditures against budget estimates;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field and at least 4 years of relevant experience; or at least 10 years of professional experience without a university degree;
- Excellent command of Armenian and English languages, both written and spoken;
- Progressively responsible experience in finance and accounting; experience as an Accountant on a USAID-funded project is strongly preferred;
- Excellent command of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of Quickbooks software is highly preferred;
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude.