Under the functional supervision of the Assessment Officer, the Reach National Assessment Officer is responsible for supporting in the planning, implementation and output production for assessments in the humanitarian field, which fall under Reach portfolio. The incumbent is responsible for supporting the development of research design and data collection tools, the conduct of data cleaning and analysis, the production of reports and factsheets and dissemination activities for Reach assessments.
ACTED/ Reach Assessment Officer is responsible for:
Planning and Research Design
- Conduct secondary data and literature review of English and Armenian language;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to obtain relevant secondary data;
- Assist in incorporating amendments and recommendations from stakeholders and partners into research design and methodology;
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for surveys, key informant interviews, focus group discussions based on established research designs.
- Support the Reach assessments to ensure quality control during data collection;
- Design and support training of enumerators on data collection process and tools;
- During data collection, monitor enumerators’ work through field visits.
- Conduct cleaning and analysis of primary data and secondary data;
- Liaise with the GIS/DB Officer and specialist in the production of analytical tools;
- Draft and/ or translate narrative in Armenian language and support the Assessment Officer in validation of findings;
- Ensure adequate storage and filing of all assessment related documents;
- Perform any additional tasks as required by the Reach.
- Present finding of assessments in Armenian language.
- University level education in Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Research or a relevant field;
- At least 1 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management, data collection and/ or report writing;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel skills;
- Understanding and familiarity with structures of datasets and frequency tables;
- Previous experience in managing complex professional relationships;
- Excellent reporting writing skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Prior professional experience with InDesign is preferred;
- Proactive and problem-solving personality;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and prioritise conflicting priorities;
- Motivation and ability to independently grow professional capacities through self-training;
- Desire to implement lessons learned from previous work and to consider methods for improvement of project cycles.