UNESCO Chair-LSIPEC is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide overall administrative and operational support.
- Make arrangements for missions, experts, draft agendas; prepare briefing kits and background materials;
- Provide support in organizing local/ regional seminars, workshops, meetings within the framework of the Project "UNESCO/ UNITWIN Interregional Network on PhD Education and Research in Biophysics, Biotechnology and Environmental Health"; take notes/ minutes and ensure follow up;
- Assist in translation and submission of necessary technical documentations and report within the framework of the Project;
- Assist in drafting relevant information for the Project website; ensure accurate translation from Armenian into English and vice versa;
- Prepare routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports; keep appropriate filing system;
- Ensure communication within the Project team and maintain external correspondence;
- Edit scientific articles;
- Contact, interact with and receive private or other partners and missions;
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Higher education in Linguistics or other relevant fields;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Proficiency in English and Armenian languages;
- Ability to write and speak clearly and concisely in English and Armenian languages;
- Ability to work with and interact with a wide cross-section of partners, as well as with people of differing backgrounds, points of view and interests;
- Experience in using computer and MS Office software (MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Internet Explorer);
- Experience in handling web-based management systems.