- Organize and maintain files and databases in a confidential manner
- Manage communication including emails and phone calls
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Answering customer questions, providing information, taking and processing orders and addressing complaints
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Decision-making: Administrative Assistants have to make independent decisions on a daily basis, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Communications and collaboration: An Administrative Assistant must collaborate with other administrators and support personnel, management and clients on a regular basis.
- Writing: Spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and writing are essential to an Administrative Assistant, who must be proficient in a variety of styles, from creative to professional to technical and more.