Under the supervision of the EU-GAIA Project Team Leader, the Administrative Officer will be responsible for the overall administration in relation to implementation of project activities, as well as supervision of the support staff. The incumbent will supervise the Project Driver. This position is full-time and based in the ADC/EU-GAIA project office in Yerevan.
- Organize and maintain HR administration of timesheets, leave requests, study applications.
- Carry out logistical and administrative tasks for the implementation of the Project;
- Oversee office management and project-related procurement activities and purchase orders, including contractual preparations and management;
- Ensure proper functioning of the Project office;
- Maintain office supplies stock and place orders;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organization of events, meetings, seminars, round tables, conferences and site visits;
- Assist the Finance Manager with assembling financial and narrative reports and forwarding them to the EU and/ or ADA HQ both electronically and in hard copy;
- Assist the procurement officer with drafting contracts and filing;
- Support the Project team in creating, editing and translating documents and presentations;
- Perform a variety of clerical and secretarial tasks, including maintaining project staff travel/ activities calendars, scheduling meetings and appointments for the members of the project team, taking notes and preparing minutes of meetings, making unofficial translations in relation to the Project activities, etc.;
- Carry out other relevant duties as required by the Supervisor.
- University degree in Business Administration;
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience in the field of administration, preferably in an international environment;
- Experience in development cooperation;
- Knowledge of the procurement of goods and service contracts, preferably under EU rules; knowledge of the Austrian Procurement Law would be an asset;
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of German and/ or Russian language would be an asset;
- Excellent inter-personal/ social and communication skills; ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated gender, diversity and environmental competence, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Flexibility to adjust working hours to actual workload, as required;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.