GIZ is looking for an Administrative Professional for “Private Sector Development and Technical Vocational Education and Training in the South Caucasus (PSD TVET)” programme in Armenia. The Administrative Professional will be mainly responsible for providing administrative and financial management services for the programme. He/ she will ensure independently and in cooperation with other administrative staff of the project that the administrative and financial needs of the project in Armenia are met and that financial and administrative regulations are complied with. He/ she will make sure that the office of PSD TVET Armenia runs smoothly and ensures a good communication flow between the project and partner institutions as well as the regional project office in Tbilisi, Georgia, and GIZ Armenia Country Office. Financial tasks, in coordination with the financial manager, include day-to-day monitoring and interpreting of expenses, managing financial accounting and the cash (based on the vouchers collected daily), and providing the necessary financial information to the Team Leader.
- Ensure the exchange of information between the project/ programme staff, partners, and other institutions.
- Ensure the transfer of knowledge on the programme
- Prepare reports and presentation documents;
- Provide the appropriate input for the various programme reports, including the annual reports, and provide input to the other reports required by the Team Leader and GIZ Headquarters.
- Agree with the GIZ office on the form in which services will be provided;
- Ensures that the computer and software are functional;
- Monitor the availability of accessories and stocks and carry out procurement in accordance with the guidelines;
- Responsible for filing of documents in accordance with GIZ filing rules in paper form or in DMS (Document Management System);
- Manage confidential files, especially in the areas of human resources and finance.
Finance and Accounting
- Support preparing the budget planning of the programme;
- Support monitoring of expenditures according to the budget;
- Control and monitor accounting and financial planning on a monthly basis;
- Responsible for financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cash book, bank accounts, processing and recording of receipts;
- Check the employee's travel expense reports for approval by the line manager;
- Check equipment requirements before release.
Procurements and Contracts
- Create and update the fee grid for (national) individual appraisers;
- Process/ prepare contracts up to EUR 2,500;
- Support tendering and closing procedures for service contracts, procurement of material goods, advising officers responsible for implementation (Team Leader) as well as concluding and processing financing agreements;
- Responsible for small purchases of office equipment and supplies.
Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Translate the documents, texts, contracts;
- Manage the inventory list;
- Partially process travel expense reports;
- Process the tax exemption documents;
- Support the planning and organisation of training - professional development measures and study trips for partner organisations;
- Take on other activities and tasks at the instruction of the line manager;
- Support the preparation of visitor programs, create travel plans, organise the transport of visitors and make hotel and ticket bookings;
- Support the contact person in their administrative tasks (e.g. ticket procurement);
- Handle purchases of office supplies;
- Coordinate the implementation of workshops;
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- University degree in a relevant specialisation;
- At least 3 years professional experience in a comparable position, preferably in an international organisation;
- Very good working knowledge of digital tools and technologies for information processing, communication, content creation, safety, computer applications (e.g. MS Office) as an independent user;
- Very good command of Armenian and English languages, both written and oral; German language skills are an asset;
- Excellent management and organisational experience and skills;
- Strong ability of working with figures and intuitive understanding of figures and data;
- Strong and keen customer and service-oriented attitude; trustworthy, reliable, responsible person;
- Sound teamwork and communication skills;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed: corresponding measures are agreed with the management.