GIZ Armenia within the programme “Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Populations in the South Caucasus” is looking for an Administrative Professional to provide administrative and financial management services for the Programme committed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The Administrative Professional is Responsible to:
- Provide administrative and financial management services for the Programme;
- Meet the administrative needs of the office independently, with a minimum of intervention;
- Manage the support and administrative staff at the Programme office;
- Ensure that financial and administrative regulations are complied with the cash – based on the vouchers collected daily;
- Ensure good communication flow between the Programme and partner institutions as well as the regional Programme office and the country office;
- Ensure that the office runs smoothly.
The Administrative Professional Performs the Following Tasks:
- Ensure that information is exchanged between Programme staff, partners and other institutions;
- Coordinate general administrative/ support services;
- Coordinate the deployment of drivers (internal and external);
- Coordinate and document annual and other leave requests of Programme staff;
- Prepare and organise internal meetings.
- Responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of Programme activities (meetings, workshops, etc.);
- Coordinate with the GIZ Country Office on the mode of service delivery;
- Monitor the availability of accessories and stocks and carry out procurement in accordance with guidelines;
- Responsible for filing documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules;
- Manage confidential files in the area of finance;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence and update the filing system daily accordingly;
- Maintain and regularly update the inventory list for the Programme in Armenia;
- Provide counselling for partners, external services providers and Programme staff regarding requirements of financial administration and reporting when managing/ implementing service contracts, consultancy contracts or local subsidies.
c) Finance and Accounting:
- Assist the team leader with preparation of the financial planning and cash flow monitoring;
- Assist the team leader with preparation of financial statements;
- Help monitor expenses in accordance with the budget;
- Manage and monitor the monthly accounting and financial plans for all three service packages;
- Responsible for financial management, such as cash withdrawals, keeping the cashbook, bank accounts, preparing vouchers for all three service packages;
- Reconcile the cash and bank book and cash and bank accounts daily for all three service packages;
- Report any surplus or shortfall in cash;
- Report without delay if the cash holding reaches a minimum level;
- Prepare contracts with external service providers, experts and companies up to 2.500 Euro, including Local Subsidy Contracts;
- Check travel expense statements of staff for approval by the superior;
- Initial cash withdrawals for all three bank accounts;
- Prepare and support internal control of the service package of Armenia.
d) Other Duties/ Additional Tasks:
- Provide receptionist services as required;
- Interpret if necessary in meetings between Armenian or Russian and German or English languages and translate daily correspondence between these three languages;
- Stand in for the Programme assistant during his absence in all responsibilities;
- Ensure smooth handover of necessary administrative and financial tasks to the Programme assistant prior to foreseeable absence (e.g. due to vacation or business travels);
- Provide on-the-job training of new administrative and support staff;
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University degree and relevant experience in Financial Management and Administration.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
Other Knowledge, Additional Competences:
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet, knowledge of WINPACCS accounting is an asset) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Very good knowledge of English language; good knowledge of German language is an asset;
- In-depth understanding of financial planning and accounting;
- Broad experience of management and administration;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.