The “EU4Sevan” Project is currently looking for a Project Advisor for environmental awareness raising. The main objective is to enhance the awareness and information availability for the protection of Lake Sevan among basin communities, the private sector and other stakeholders.
- Design and implement awareness-raising initiatives with active involvement of the adjacent communities, domestic tourists visiting the Lake, and the overall population;
- Carry out environmental campaign measures on river cleaning and keeping rivers clean and tree planting in the Sevan watershed;
- Support the development and implementation of a nation-wide communication strategy on the protection of Lake Sevan;
- Design and implement water stewardship initiatives with the private sector;
- Responsible for quality assurance measures and necessary changes, improvements and initiatives related to environmental campaigns;
- Support the upgrade digital platform (e.g. “EcoPortal”) that provide access to data and information on the state of Lake Sevan for stakeholders and the public;
- Responsible for organisation, preparation and participation in selected regional activities;
- Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting project activities and carrying out other activities required for implementing these activities;
- Participate in formulating project action plans and support for synchronisation of the planning and budgeting system and counterparts;
- Provide assistance to national and international advisers in carrying out their work in Armenia and, if required, abroad;
- Provide assistance in programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- Support the identification of the needs of government institutions, NGOs, enterprises and job seekers;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Liaise and consult with other GIZ projects for mutual learning and standards;
- Provide support in approving and controlling expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Regularly consult with the GIZ Officer responsible for the contract and cooperation on all project activities;
- Responsible for contribution to innovation and knowledge management.
Advising the Partner Institution(s)
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts;
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level;
- Deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity;
- Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
Networking and Cooperation
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assist with PR work and cooperate with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme and its environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forward these and encourage sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of the programme information;
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Draw up reports and presentation documents;
- Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports, including annual reports, and contribute to the other reports required by the component manager and GIZ Head Office;
- Assist with research activities and studies on various issues which benefit joint programmes;
- Translate small documents.
- Assist with general project planning and develop project concepts, including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
- Coordinate relevant project activities at the local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both relation to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Handle order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
- University degree in Communication, Environmental Science, or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of environmental campaigns, communication and awareness raising;
- Experience with working with communities;
- Strong skills in self-motivation, self-organisation, thinking for oneself and priority-setting;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver high quality (also under pressure) ensuring reliability and confidence;
- Strong ability to manage activity and data monitoring and process it for precise and results-oriented GIZ reports in English language;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email and Internet) and computer applications such as MS Office and design programmes;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages, both written and spoken; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed (corresponding measures are agreed with the Team Leader);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of the team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
About Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
For more information about the Company, please visit: www.giz.de.