The “EU4Sevan” Project is currently looking for a Project Advisor for sustainable land-use. The main objective is to improve the capacities for implementing ecosystem-friendly and water-protecting land-use and cultivation practices in the Lake Sevan basin.
- Collect information on the current practices of land-use and agricultural production and their impact on water quality;
- Conduct a study/ assessment on the ramifications of land-use on water supply and water quality (including cost-benefit-analysis);
- Identify and implement pilot initiatives that promote the conversion of agricultural activities to water protecting cultivation practices (irrigation, pesticides, fertilization), taking into consideration Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) schemes;
- Develop concepts for up-scaling of pilot measures for sustainable land-use and agricultural practices;
- Develop and carry out trainings for farmers, farmers associations and agricultural extension services;
- Responsible for quality assurance measures and necessary changes, improvements and initiatives related to sustainable land-use practices;
- Carry out trainings for national and local decision makers and planners on sustainable land management;
- Organize workshops for the dissemination of results from the pilot initiatives and for the promotion of up-scaling measures;
- Responsible for organization, preparation and participation in selected regional activities;
- Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting project activities and carry out other activities required for implementing these activities;
- Participate in formulating project action plans and support for synchronisation of the planning and budgeting system and counterparts;
- Provide assistance to national and international advisers in carrying out their work in Armenia and, if required, abroad;
- Provide assistance in programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups;
- Support for identification of the needs of government institutions, NGOs, enterprises and job seekers;
- Maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ;
- Liaise and consult with other GIZ projects for mutual learning and standards;
- Provide support in approving and controlling expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions;
- Regularly consult with the GIZ Officer responsible for the contract and cooperate on all project activities.
- Contribute to innovation and knowledge management.
Advising the Partner Institution(s)
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of programme plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts;
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint programme activities and work at the regional level;
- Deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the programme’s area of activity;
- Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
Networking and Cooperation
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assist with PR work and cooperate with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme and its environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forward these and encourage sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme.
- Ensure knowledge transfer of the programme information;
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures;
- Draw up reports and presentation documents;
- Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports, including annual reports, and contribute to the other reports required by the component manager and GIZ Head Office;
- Assist with research activities and studies on various issues which benefit joint programmes;
- Translate small documents.
- Assist with general project planning and develop project concepts, including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation;
- Coordinate relevant project activities at the local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both relation to implementation and organisational aspects;
- Compile the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Handle order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting).
- University degree (master or equivalent) in Agricultural Science or Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainable Agriculture or other related fields;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the field of sustainable agriculture;
- Experience with Payments for Ecosystem Services (PES) concepts;
- Experience in providing on the job training and capacity building activities;
- Strong skills in self-motivation, self-organisation, thinking for oneself and priority-setting;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to take responsibility and deliver high quality (also under pressure) ensuring reliability and confidence;
- Strong ability to manage activity and data monitoring and process it for precise and results-oriented GIZ reports in English language;
- Very good working knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email and Internet) and computer applications such as MS Office and design programmes;
- Excellent presentation skills with creative approaches;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages, both written and spoken; knowledge of German language is an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed (corresponding measures are agreed with the Team Leader);
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise and cooperate with other members of the team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
About Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
For more information about the Company, please visit: www.giz.de.