The client is a UK-based company, specialized in selling personalized greeting cards, flowers, & gifts.
The company presents itself as a leader in the technology sector and uses a variety of technologies to meet the needs of its customers.
With the increase in demand for remote meetings and celebrations, further analysis and extension of the product’s capabilities are the main goals of the project.
Within this project you will communicate directly with the stakeholders on the customer side; get hands-on experience with the UK entertainment sector and with pair programming and TDD flows.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes (understanding/knowledge of at least one Android testing framework)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of REST(Retrofit)/GraphQl(Apollo) APIs
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Spoken English (Upper-intermediate/Advanced)