Contribute to the organisation and management of the main Board, Committee and other executive meetings to ensure they function effectively and in accordance with their terms of reference and best practice. This includes:
- Support the implementation of the Corporate Governance Framework to ensure effective governance
- Implement the end-to-end process for main Board, Committee and other executive meetings in line with expected meeting governance processes
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure effective functioning of the main Board and Committee meetings
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the directors and senior management on corporate governance matters
- Manage changes in legal representatives to ensure that regulatory obligations are met
- Manage the administration of Powers of Attorney for the Bank to give people the legal power to act on behalf of the Bank.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the Company Secretary, Directors and senior management to support the effective management of meetings.
- Provide support to Legal department as assigned by General Counsel to support effective performance of the legal tasks.
- Support and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the effective operation of the Corporate Governance & Secretariat function in Armenia.
- Interpret and execute legislation and regulations within Armenia to ensure that complies with all corporate governance requirements. This includes:
- Maintain expert understanding of all legal and regulatory requirements that impact the role, review legislative and regulatory changes
- Contribute to the provision of clear communication of legislative and regulatory changes to all impacted parties
- Execute corporate filing, corporate record and reporting obligations to required timescales and standards.
- Contribute to Shareholder communications to ensure disclosure of timely and accurate information
- Support the provision of Shareholder meetings in line with statutory obligations
- Ensure any voting requirements are carried out in line with statutory obligations
- Contribute to the production of annual reports to required timescales and standards
- Contribute to consultations with regulators, including reviewing consultations and analysing the impacts
- Professional and practical knowledge of RA legislation especially in Corporate Governance and Banking law
- Strong knowledge of corporate governance principles, including driving high quality governance standards, via credible and practical experience
- Experience of working in a banking environment, in working with executive and non-executive directors
- Company secretary or lawyer or similar professional qualification with corporate governance experience in a high quality, large and complex organization is preferable.
- Lateral thinking/problem solving/creativity, strong inter-personal, organisational, process management and verbal/ written skills including the maintenance and development of relationships with Directors.
- Proven ability to work well with all levels of management, handle confidential and sensitive information, work independently and under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Have outstanding communication skills, continuously drive pace, quality and agile ways of working.
- 3-5-years prior legal experience is preferable, from which 2 years in financial field.
- Experience in drafting Corporate documents, Legal documents, both in Armenian and in English.
- Languages - very strong language skills both Armenian and English (Fluent Oral/Written)
- Fluent typing skills, fluent knowledge of basic office programs (Ms Word/Excel, etc.)
About HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC
HSBC Bank Armenia was established as a Closed Joint Stock Company under the name Midland Armenia Bank J.S.C. in 1996 and has been renamed into HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC in 1999. The bank is a joint venture between the HSBC Group, which has a 70 percent owne