For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Hiring (20%)
- Lead efforts to headhunt top talent for vacant positions through proactive recruitment efforts.
- Orchestrate Teach For Armenia’s hiring processes for internal positions.
- Partner with team leads to ensure that they have a strong pulse on priorities in order to determine appropriate headcount projections.
- Ensure that all the new coming staff members are equipped with the required equipment and technology
- Oversee HR Systems (25%)
- Create the systems and structures necessary to support the organization’s ambitious growth plans, in particular around Human Resources & Procurement.
- Ensure that Teach For Armenia’s policies and processes are in compliance with Armenia’s labor laws.
- Partner with executives and team leads to ensure that they have a strong pulse on priorities in order to determine appropriate headcount projections.
- Ensure that all the required and supporting documents, including internal orders, employment/ service contracts, TL related documentation are timely prepared for signing and properly filed
- Assist teams through the Performance Review process
- Lead Team (20%)
- Oversee staff associated with Human Resources as well as the Vendor Relations/Procurement.
- Equip the team with the resources necessary to reach goals while providing the space to lead.
- Cultivate strong coordination between the Human Resources Team and other functions.
- Promote strong project management with clear ownership and decision-making processes on the Human Resources Team.
- Coach and develop direct reports so that they are prioritizing the right actions in order to achieve progress towards goals.
- Ensure that all members of the Human Resources team have individual goals as well as personalized professional development plans.
- Promote Talent Initiatives (25%)
- Support the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives on various projects that boost Teach For Armenia’s reputation as the “best place to work”
- Support the Managing Director for Talent Initiatives to strengthen the Recruitment and Selection processes for Teacher-Leaders
- Partner with the Program Team in order to ensure our Teacher-Leaders & Alumni Ambassadors thrive within the wider ecosystem
- Support Org-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed.
NOTE: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold ourselves to the highest of standards, while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter. Ok
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Headhunting: As we grow in scale, Teach For Armenia needs to be more creative in how it approaches top talent. We need a leader who knows how to “headhunt” and lead a strong hiring process.
- HR Best Practices: As we strive to be one of the best places to work, Teach For Armenia needs a leader who will continuously improve our systems and structures in order to be the best in the world.
- Building Systems & Structures: As the organization moves out of the startup phase and prepares for scale, the Assistant Director of Talent Initiatives must be highly organized and able to build robust systems and structures that will support the organization’s growth.
- Leading Others: As an important leader on the team, the Assistant Director must be committed to making sure that everyone on the Talent Initiatives Division is growing in their professional development.
- Cross-Collaboration: Given that this role will intersect with all teams, it will be essential for the Assistant Director of Talent Initiatives to be a master of cross-collaboration.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of professional experience in HR or recruitment (preferred) w/ 3+ years leading others
- Fluency in Armenian and English (required)
- Demonstrated track record orchestrating effective systems and structures (required)
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (required); However, many staff members at Teach For Armenia possess a Master’s degree or higher (preferred)
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Bamboo HR (preferred)
- Experience designing and facilitating adult learning (preferred)
About Teach For Armenia
Teach For Armenia is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Armenia's most promising future leaders in the mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an excellent education. Participants in the program, known as Fello