The Business Analyst will perform tasks and activities related to fundraising, report writing, budgeting, planning and coordination. He/ she will also participate in environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) work, technical assistance and the associated implementation, monitoring and quality assurance aspects. The incumbent will work in an American styled environment, in which the English language is the primary means of communication, both verbal and written. He/ she must have strong analytical skills and be able to multi-task effectively in a variety of roles under minimal supervision.
Investment Evaluation and Compliance:
- Perform legal, environmental/ social/ corporate governance (“ESG”), and financial due diligence on a prospective company to receive investment capital and advisory services.
Business Development and Advisory Services:
- Evaluate prospective and existing portfolio companies for operational and business strategy deficiencies and make recommendations to the Company's investment teams on how to improve operational performance;
- Establish the development impact metrics and indicators for each portfolio company and lead the tracking, monitoring and evaluation for each portfolio company’s performance.
- Create budgets and projections in Excel and extrapolate that information into reports and proposals;
- Organize the underlying data sets into simple mathematical models that can generate actionable data, charts, tables, and the underlying numerical content that goes into proposals and reports;
- Do market research and analyses as requested;
- Assist the Investment team with various other functions, including:
a) Client-profile input into AS-Bank 4.0, AS-Accountant 7; Client-package compilation;
b) Perform marketing and client-calls as requested;
c) Make site inspections as scheduled; identify and report the problems;
- Assist the Finance team in:
a) Monitoring the targeted disbursement of funds; prepare memos to support the sequential release of tranches;
b) Monitoring the timely installments of dues by clients; organize the notifications and follow up calls;
c) Recording day to day financial transactions and completing the posting process;
- Process accounts receivable/ payable and handle payroll in a timely manner;
- Oversee collateral registration and manage the Credit History Register of the borrowers and investees with the ACRA and Loan Register.
- At least 3 years of experience in at least some of the relevant fields that span the job description, such as: finance (banking, investment, private equity, fund management, etc.), compliance, investor relations; experience with development banks (for example, EBRD, IFC, DFC) or USAID funded projects is a plus;
- Undergraduate degree in any field related to the experience/ skills noted above and/ or background in technical and/ or natural science along with experience in finance;
- Native Armenian language speaker, with fluency in English and Russian languages, both spoken and written;
- Extremely strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on challenging work;
- Self-starter with proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth environment where everyone is expected to balance multiple roles and commitments;
- Ability to travel occasionally in the regions within Armenia as well as to Georgia.