UNDP is seeking services of the Communications and Events Associate, who will be responsible for outreach, community mobilization and event organizations for projects implemented as part of Kolba Lab. He/ she will work under direct supervision of Kolba Lab Lead and overall guidance of the respective Task Leaders of ongoing projects.
- Under direct supervision and guidance of the Kolba Lab Lead, design, implement and facilitate all Kolba Lab projects communication strategies and plans aimed at increasing the awareness of the projects and its achievements among the target audience, inclusive the integration of web products of Kolba Lab (Kolba Jobs, Kolba Internships, etc.) into overall communications strategy;
- Monitor media to analyze the effectiveness of the communications strategy and make necessary tweaks for continuous success of the visibility;
- Develop and manage Kolba's online community, by engaging with stakeholders via social media accounts and the Lab's website;
- Develop visual materials to increase Kolba's projects visibility;
- Manage Lab's website (regularly update website blog page, project page and events page) and social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Medium, YouTube);
- Design, develop and disseminate all outreach materials and activities to advertise the beneficiaries' products, including outreach folders, fact sheets, blog and social media posts, brochures, website updates, photo essays, video broadcast and print/ online media articles;
- Create human stories, that will highlight the successes of the beneficiaries and the project;
- Responsible for organizing public/ online events which, where relevant, are adjusted to COVID-19 rules;
- Provide support to project's annual and interim reports, various visibility materials to ensure attractive visual appearances and layout;
- Organize, facilitate and track online events;
- Support UNDP overall communications team with preparing communications materials for social media, print documents and provide other support as requested;
- Serve as the liaison for donor communication in visibility and branding compliance;
- Collect and analyze data on target project areas and deliver to colleagues upon request;
- Provide translation of any materials required for the project;
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of communications and/ or PR;
- Proven experience in developing media materials and human stories in various formats to target various audiences;
- Portfolio of social media accounts in relevant contexts (links to Facebook and Twitter pages);
- Direct experience with online engagement and digital communications.
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages (written and oral); knowledge of Russian language will be considered an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages; experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- High level of integrity and professionalism. Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Ability to handle big volume and scope of simultaneous tasks, as well as work under the pressure and in circumstances of diverse interests;
- Demonstrated strong team spirit;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to UN and UNDP's mission, vision and values;
- Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Familiarity with web-based mailing services and contact management system;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Strong research skills;
- Interest in innovation for development;
- Creative flair and originality;
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively across different constituencies.