U.S. Embassy is seeking an accomplished Cook with strong organizational skills, curiosity and desire, creativity, and attention to detail, to prepare tasty and attractive formal and informal meals. The Cook is not an employee of the Embassy of the United States of America. He/ she will work on a contract basis at the Official Residence of the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM).
- Direct the operation, organization, and preparation of the kitchens and all food-related activities, including the presentation and serving of food;
- Prepare meals according to employers' recipes and tastes, for both formal and informal engagements;
- Prepare food and drinks for the household, guests, and official receptions, dinners and other functions;
- Make coffee, tea, and other beverages;
- Assist in serving formal and buffet-style meals, functions, and receptions;
- Prepare and serve the personal meals of the sponsor;
- Stock, organize, and clean the kitchen and cooking utensils on a daily basis;
- Shop for and order food supplies and groceries for personal and official meals;
- Serve meals and snacks to family and their guests;
- Plan menus according to employers' needs and guests’ diet restrictions;
- Plan menus and purchase locally available items for all functions of the DCM;
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events;
- Proactively prepare meals/ snacks on an as-needed basis without detailed instructions;
- Prepare dining and serving areas by setting up counters, stands and tables with condiments and silverware;
- Clean kitchen equipment, pots and pans, counters, and other work areas;
- Specialize in preparing fancy dishes (i.e. exotic, haute cuisine, or international dishes) and/ or food for special diets;
- Prepare a full range and course of appetizers, dishes, desserts, or snacks for any meal, including breakfast, luncheons, dinners, and receptions;
- Create and explore new, different cuisines and recipes;
- Bake a variety of breads, pastries, desserts, and other dishes;
- Keep necessary written records and receipts and reconcile official and personal expenses;
- Assist other staff as necessary;
- Perform all other appropriate duties as requested;
- Perform other duties as assigned. Such duties may be performed in the home/ place of business of the Sponsor or at other locations as directed by the Sponsor or his/ her designated representative. The Contractor must be prepared to work frequently during evenings and on weekends.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- High school diploma;
- At least 2 years of experience as a Cook in a private household or a business;
- Knowledge and ability (level II) in English language; good working knowledge (level III) of Armenian or Russian language;
- Excellent cooking and baking skills;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
About Embassy of U.S.A in Armenia
As part of the Mission, the U.S. Embassy is responsible for maintaining day-to-day relations between the U.S. and Armenian governments, and for providing consular services to both Armenian and American citizens.