This is a key role for the office as it is the first point of contact with the British Council offices. The post holder needs to have strong customer service skills, excellent time management skills and create a good impression on our customers. The main responsibilities are:
- Answer the customers’ enquiries (e-mail, phone, face to face, social media and other) in a professional manner and in line with British Council Customer Service standards, the Global Customer Services Policy and Framework and brand guidelines,
- Handle the complaints of the customers in an acceptable manner, in line with the Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Prepare and handle relevant documents for the Exams, including processing exam papers in line with exam body/QCA/IELTS regulations and standards (unpacking, counting, logging, shredding materials securely).
- Collect customer feedback by making clear notes on an enquiry/complaint, channelling them to relevant members of staff and ensuring the respond is given on time. Prepare a quarterly report of all enquiries by channel and theme.
- Assist with the registration processes for exams and English Preparation Course candidates (ensuring that relevant application process is completed and verifying that payment has been made), as well as with the post exams enquiries.
- Regularly communicate with the British Council Armenia team to ensure in depth-knowledge of the services, programmes and events offered through all programme areas in order to provide appropriate information to the customers on products and options.
- Carry out certain tasks on Exams systems (following up payments, overdue registrations, online application/documentation checks, result entry or confirmation, scanning for on-screen marking etc)
- Follow the British Council processes and procedures for delivering high quality customer service in line with our standards.
- Assist the exams team with the scheduling of invigilators/examiners/markers and arrangement of double marking as appropriate through dedicated systems and offline.
The detailed role profile of the position is available here.
- Right to work in Armenia
- Armenian - native
- Fluent written and spoken English (minimum C1 level) proven by Aptis or an internationally recognized English test (IELTS or similar)
- Degree level qualification
- 2 years’ experience of customer services and / or sales in an international organisation.
- Experience multi-tasking and managing different priorities at a time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in use of IT, digital platforms and social media.
- Experience of working with a diverse and dispersed team.