PicsArt is looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer with deep experience in scalable data processing systems. If you are passionate to push the limits of distributed computing frameworks to get every bit of performance out of them, welcome to apply.
What we seek and value most in our candidates:
Professionalism in both soft and hard skills; motivation to grow, learn and share, positive attitude, flexibility, transparency, ownership, and the most important – passion and commitment.
PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app that’s leading the visual storytelling revolution. With more than 150 million monthly active creators, the PicsArt community creates, remixes, and shares nearly 1 billion images every month. The company has amassed one of the largest open-source collections of content in the world, including free-to-edit photos, stickers, and more. PicsArt is available in 30 languages for free and as a subscription on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Yerevan, Armenia; Moscow; Beijing; Tokyo; and Los Angeles, PicsArt is backed by Sequoia Capital, DCM Ventures, Insight Venture Partners, and Siguler Guff and Company.
The #14 most downloaded app of 2019:
PicsArt has worked with big brands such as TaylorSwift, Will Smith, Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, DJ Snake, Maroon5 and Meghan Trainor on community challenges that generate tens of millions of organic, fan-generated impressions and shares on social media. We need smart, passionate people to help us reach our first billion creators!
- Provide in-depth analysis and insights about user behavior using Apache Spark (execution) and Databricks Delta (storage)
- Work with both simple statistical analysis and much more complex funnel and cohort analysis
- Work both with data science and data engineering teams to empower data-driven business decisions at PicsArt
- Focus on optimizing various performance-related aspects of our applications and delivering truly production-ready solutions
- Guide a team of spark engineers and data scientists
- Constantly improve the quality and performance of the team and managed systems
- BS/MA degree in computer science or related field
- Working experience with distributed systems and Big-data
- Demonstrated working experience with Python and Scala
- Experience with database design (SQL/NoSQL)
- Experience working on or building connectors from Spark to any of the data sources
- Experience with technologies and systems like AWS S3, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS, AWS EC2, and Apache Kafka
- Good knowledge of Apache Spark internals (Catalyst, Tungsten and related query engine details)
- Good knowledge of data formats like Parquet, ORC internals, and understanding of various data partitioning strategies
- Good communication and knowledge sharing skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and innovative person