Tetra Tech ES, Inc. as the USAID Contractor implementing the Market Liberalization and Electricity Trade (MLET) Program in Armenia is looking for an Energy Sector Specialist to work with a team of international and local experts to improve the electricity market and support electricity trade in Armenia.
The Energy Sector Specialist will work closely with the MLET team to:
- Provide technical assistance in establishment of necessary legal and regulatory framework and new wholesale electricity market (WEM) Model in Armenia, in particular:
a) assist in revision of the Wholesale Electricity Market Rules and Contracts, Transmission and Distribution Network Codes, Retail Electricity Market Rules and Contracts that are already developed;
b) assist in development of Ten-Year Network Development Plan, pilot Annual Adequacy Forecast, Electricity Market Gap Analysis, New Electricity Law;
- Provide technical assistance in updating the Least Cost Energy Development Plan;
- Assist in activities for harmonization of regulatory approaches with those in Georgia and development of cross border trade mechanisms;
- Assist in providing necessary training and consultancy to the energy sector institutions during the pilot-transition to the new WEM Model with application of the pilot version of the Market Management System (MMS) Software;
- Perform other job-related tasks assigned by the Management.
- Master’s degree in Energy Economics or Energy Engineering; a higher qualification will be considered as an advantage;
- At least 10 years of professional experience; experience in international organizations/ projects will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience in and knowledge of Armenia Electricity Sector; knowledge of EU requirements for the sector will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in Armenian, English and Russian languages, both for oral and written communication;
- Strong communication skills: ability to clearly explain thoughts, legal and technical opinions and memos;
- Relevant computer skills;
- Demonstrated flexibility and cooperation in duties;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.