World Vision Armenia is looking for a Executive Director of “World Vision Armenia” Child Protection Foundation.
1. Leadership and Management of WV Armenia Foundation
- Promote WV’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and key Partnership Standards and Practices among the staff and ensure these are the core foundation of the foundation’s performance,
- To provide a focused vision for the whole organization, motivating all staff to work together towards shared and common goals,
- Represent the local foundation at WVA Senior Leadership Team,
- Ensure implementation and compliance to Partnership Performance Management Standards and Principles and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs),
- Visit projects frequently to encourage, build relationships, and support WV programs.
2. Ministry Performance and Resource Mobilization
- Work with WVA Country Program Director and Senior Leadership Team to jointly identify the key areas for future programs and projects that the targeted communities are in need,
- Provide leadership input to the preparation of winning proposals that address National Office strategic needs,
- When assigned, develop relationships with Donor Agencies and local donors on behalf of WV Armenia. Liaise with other agencies and communities to ensure that WVA’s development strategies are well understood,
- Use assessment, monitoring, and evaluation reports to identify potential funding opportunities for priority programs and projects that fit within the strategy and operations plan of WV Armenia,
- Work with WVA Senior Leadership Team in the preparation or revision of the Operations Plan/ Transition and Change Management plans.
3. Financial Management, Financial and Operational Audit Compliance
- Oversee, develop, and lead the Daycare Centre program and other projects, their operational implementation in close cooperation with the WVA Branch, and its managers,
- Oversee financial compliance through timeliness and completeness of financial reports. Ensure Board of Trustees is informed of financial plans and financial performance of the WVA Foundation,
- Oversee strong operational compliance through timeliness and completeness of program/ project reports,
- Ensure efficient and effective organizational practices that would result in successful financial and operational audit scores,
- Oversee action planning and execution to resolve audit findings in an agreed and timely manner; oversee appropriate reporting of audit results and actions,
- Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the program, especially the Daycare Centers,
- Oversee and coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation objectives of the program and the organization for evidence base building and external promotion.
4. Spiritual Leadership
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships. Exhibit spiritual maturity, integrity and a dynamic personal sense of life calling,
- Attend and participate in spiritual nurture meetings/devotions as scheduled.
5. Compliance and Country Legal Environment
- Ensure the office complies to local legal requirements and standards,
- Ensure and oversee proper mechanisms for Child Protection and other WVI Standards and Principles implementation.
- University/ Master’s degree in relevant field,
- At least 5 years of managerial experience,
- Staff management experience,
- Work experience in an local Armenian NGO,
- Significant experience in proposal writing, project analysis and integrated project design,
- Clear understanding of the workings of major donors,
- Excellent analytical/ problem-solving skills and detail orientation,
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills, and time management,
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina,
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically, stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources,
- Ability to work without close supervision,
- Ability to work in a team structure and operate efficiently,
- Ability to represent WV to major donors and government officials,
- Practical understanding of and experience development programming and community level work,
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (required),
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local culture context,
- Strong team building and coaching experience,
- Being results focused,
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement,
- Agreement with World Vision’s Christian ethos and participation in devotions,
- Ability to ensure Anti-Corruption, Anti-Fraud policies are embraced in daily work, demonstrate zero tolerance towards harassment,
- Excellent Armenian and English communication skills (oral and written),
- Knowledge of Russian,
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Strong influencing and managing capacity, and ability to motivate and lead staff,
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines,
- Willingness to work overtime,
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
About World Vision Armenia
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organiza