“Austrian Development Agency” is looking for a “Field Advisor”.
Under the direct supervision of the Rural Development Expert/Deputy Team Leader, the incumbent will be responsible for setting up Local Action Groups (LAG´s) and supporting LAG development following the LEADER/CLLD principles. S/he will also be responsible for the data collection, monitoring and reporting.
This position is based in the project office in Gyumri with frequent trips to Shirak marz (province) communities.
The duration of the project is 48 months.
- Identify the potential LAGs in close contact with local administrations, residents, non-profits, businesses and other local stakeholders.
- Establish contact and work liaison with local actors, potential beneficiaries, marz administration, extension service providers and other local stakeholders.
- Assess the capacity needs for potential LAG members and support provision of the capacity development measures;
- Set up and ensure effective cooperation within the LAGs between local administrations, residents, non-profits, businesses, and other local stakeholders.
- Support in arranging study visits, organizing capacity development and other events for the potential LAG members and serve as resource persons in interacting with the beneficiaries.
- Monitoring grant implementation in their respective areas and recommend corrective measures as needed.
- Support elaboration of the Local Development Strategies (LDS) for the LAGs in their respective areas and their further implementation;
- Monitor the project local environment and implementation progress and recommend adjustment measures as necessary; Ensure compliance with ADA’s Environmental, Gender and Social Impact Management (EGSIM) Manual.
- Regularly monitor the risks and implement identified risk mitigation measures;
- Draft regular activity and monitoring reports supporting the Rural Development expert in his reporting duties.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
- University degree in rural development, economics, business, finance or public administration, development studies, or other related field; post-graduate degree (Master level or higher) is an asset;
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in development programmes and projects preferably in rural development sector or in private business or non-profit sector Successful experience with EU or ADC funded projects is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of LEADER/CLLD methodology and local development;
- Understanding of project/programme management cycle (including monitoring and evaluation);
- Understanding of international development cooperation principles and quality standards, including cross-cutting issues is highly desirable;
- Good leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal/social and communication skills;
- Good written and oral communication/reporting skills in English are required. German would be an advantage;
- Understanding of gender, diversity and environmental dimensions, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activity;
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint applications;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Shirak and work flexible hours;
- Adherence to highest standards of ethics;
- Valid driving license (category B) is an asset;
- Self-motivation, decisiveness and hands-on mentality;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment.