Our client is a US-based investment management business of an American Fortune Global 500 and Fortune 500 company whose subsidiaries provide insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both retail and institutional customers throughout the United States and in over 40 other countries.
The client has recently started the development of a system that appeared to be in need of enhancements before its final implementation. The system is a warehouse consolidating data flows, and processing information so that it can be presented to the end user in a readable format.
Along with the optimization, the project is aimed at migration from on-premise software to cloud services (AWS). We are the only vendor working on this task, and we need to expand the team.
The team is concerned with creating customized dashboards, reports, and visualizations by using both in-house and external data sources.
Now we are looking for a strong developer with Python, JAVA, and Spring framework. Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL is preferred.
The selected candidate will be actively involved in rearchitecting legacy applications and helping with migration from on-premise company data centers to AWS architecture where applicable.
- Develop quality front-end and back-end applications in an agile environment and create prototypes and POCs (Proof of Concept) to validate, promote, and define the technology strategies
- Align with the Shared Services Solution Lead, Product Owner and Scrum Master in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications
- Work in an iterative/Agile environment as a good team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Build and maintain code to manage data received from heterogenous data formats including web-based sources, internal/external databases, flat files, heterogenous data formats (binary, ASCII)
- Research emerging technologies and develop POC’s
- Work with the latest CI/CD DevOps deployment model
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data
- Hands-on experience in Java enterprise development and Spring Framework
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Cloud experience working with AWS S3/EC2/SQS
- Direct experience supporting front office end-users and sound understanding of capital markets within Fixed Income
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SAFe development methodology & DevOps
- Experience with both UI and UX design
- Familiarity with security concepts authentication, authorization, and SSL
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience providing ongoing support for a wide range of technological solutions
- Good English Nice to have:
- Understanding of software development company functioning
- Knowledge of standard development tools specified by project needs
- Knowledge of procedural and Object-Oriented Programming
- A desire to learn fast