U.S. Embassy is seeking a Gardener who will maintain the cleanliness and appearance of Embassy exterior spaces. This includes monitoring and caring for all botanical elements and their related infrastructure. He/ she will grow, feed, water grass, shrubbery, trees and other plants. The incumbent will remove unwanted plants and maximize the use of sustainable practices, operate landscaping equipment efficiently and safely.
- Ground Maintenance: Maintain plantings and trees, shrubs, vines, perennials, grasses, and bulbs. Prepare soil and plants, cultivates, fertilizes, hand waters, and monitor irrigation of plants especially during time of establishment and drought conditions. Perform minor plumbing repairs related to irrigation system;
- Perform seasonal landscape work including pruning, clean-up, bulb planting, annual and perennial plants planting and maintenance, lawn maintenance (mowing, detaching, aerating, coring, fertilizing, over seeding) transplanting and leaf removal. Identify and treat for pests and disease;
- Operate commercial motorized gardening equipment for landscape and snow removal. Operate motorized equipment such as bobcats, garden tractors with different attachments for lawn maintenance (aerator, over seeder, turf sweeper), front end loaders and various riding mowers, etc.;
- Perform ice and snow removal;
- Assist Supervisor in purchasing plants, shrubs and soil for gardeners;
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
The incumbent is responsible for the quality of work assigned to his/ her and the trade helpers that are involved in any particular assignment.
- Drive Embassy vehicle as needed. Incidental operator shall be 25 or older to be assigned an official vehicle.
- High school diploma;
- At least 1 year of gardening experience;
- Level 1 (at least) English language knowledge; level 3, good working knowledge in Armenian language;
- Good working knowledge of how to plant and care for pants and flowers typical of the area is a must; basic plumbing knowledge. Must demonstrate knowledge of local traffic regulations;
- Availability of a valid, current class "B" license that is not currently suspended or revoked is a must. Shall have had a valid driver's license for at least 5 years.
About Embassy of U.S.A in Armenia
As part of the Mission, the U.S. Embassy is responsible for maintaining day-to-day relations between the U.S. and Armenian governments, and for providing consular services to both Armenian and American citizens.