For this role, the key responsibilities include:
- Research, identify, and conduct outreach to potential supporters;
- Fundraise for Teach For Armenia initiatives;
- Increase Teach For Armenia’s brand visibility through social media and publicity campaigns;
- Network on behalf of Teach For Armenia;
- Plan and execute community events such as information sessions;
- Support US-based Friends of Teach For Armenia events and activities, such as our annual gala;
- Participate in monthly meetings and/or activities with Friends of Teach For Armenia staff and other Global Advocates.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the school system. This means each staff member and volunteer must strive to exemplify our Kochari, and hold ourselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter.
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- GOALS-ORIENTED: We are looking for self-starters who can achieve ambitious targets.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: The ability to work effectively with people of all working styles, backgrounds, industry-experience.
- COMMUNICATION: Excellent persuasive communication, compelling presentation skills, and the ability to articulate a vision passionately.
- NETWORKING: Much of this role will require the mobilization of a network in order to influence, rally, and motivate others to support Teach For Armenia’s mission.
- TEAMWORK: We aim to build a coalition of Global Advocates across the Diaspora who can collaborate across borders in order to achieve impact together.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
- This role is ideal for high school juniors and seniors, university students, and/or young professionals and can be adjusted for each level;
- Volunteer/work experience in an NGO is a plus;
- Interest in education;
- Must be comfortable using technology (i.e. Microsoft Office, G-Suite tools, Zoom, etc.)
About Teach For Armenia
Teach For Armenia is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Armenia's most promising future leaders in the mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an excellent education. Participants in the program, known as Fello