Grant Acquisition and Management
- Support and contribute to development of WVA Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) Strategy and Business plans,
- Implementation of WV Armenia grants acquisition execution,
- Proactively coordinate donor engagement,
- Coordinate team efforts for GAM purposes.
- Apply “ProposalPro” modules when necessary,
- Develop grant concepts and proposals in cooperation with other stakeholders,
- Ensure that WV Armenia grant concepts/proposals meet both quality standards and donor requirements,
- Ensure that grant concepts and proposals are complementary/in line to the technical program designs where possible,
- Provide support for PNSF (private non-sponsorship funds) and local fundraising,
- Provide support to GAM processes at South Caucasus level (in particular for Abkhazia programs).
Partnership and Pre-positioning
- Proactive networking for donor engagement and relation nurturing,
- Research donor strategy for alignment and coordination,
- Develop pre-positioning strategy and plans for targeted audiences,
- Develop and implement plans for stronger donor engagement,
- Ensure WVA representation in WV internal and external events and communications,
- Assist program in locating appropriate partners for grant acquisition and assist with negotiations,
- Assist in developing of materials for pre-positioning.
- Provide required capacity building to program staff and partners for effective GAM implementation.
Grant Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Assist program/ project managers in establishment of goals and objectives, setting of indicators, development of implementation plans, monitoring & evaluation plans, monitoring and reporting, as well as evaluation of grant projects.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, sociology, or other social sciences, MBA or equivalent is preferred;
- Thorough understanding of the historical, cultural, political and socioeconomic situation in the country;
- Experience in proposal writing and donor engagement;
- Knowledge of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors;
- Solid knowledge of donor community and strategies;
- Being an experienced networker with ability to maintain good up to date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends in the relevant sector;
- Strong organization and delegation abilities, high performance, quality standards and negotiation skills;
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team and cultural sensitivity;
- Facilitation and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proven knowledge of and skills for computer software applications;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30 % of the time.
About World Vision Armenia
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organiza