WVA Donor engagement and Relation Building
- Grow current institutional and local Govertnment grant portfolio for WVA,
- Set and achieve new grant growth targets set by WVA and regional office,
- Liase with donors to build strong reputation,
- Ensure that WVA has diverse group of current and/or potential donors based on WVA transition strategy,
- Represent WVA in both internal/ external resource mobilization activities, such as donor meetings, Zoom, MS teams calls, meetings etc. Work with technical managers. Work towards building and deepening the programmatic evidence base for prepositioning and grant acquisition.
Develop/update Grant Acquisition and Management Strategy and Business Plan
- Ensure that WVA has a GAM Strategy and Business Plan, which include donor landscape mapping, prepositioning and donor engagement plan, and analysis of WVA capacity advantages,
- Map potential partners and established strategic partnerships including teaming agreements with them prior to the release of applications,
- Research and develop concepts consisting of sector best practice ready for proposal development within the parameters of the WVA transition strategy,
- Ensure GAM business plan is in alignment with WVA needs, strategic initiatives and contribution to WVA Child Well-being Targets,
- Establish efficient grant proposal tracking system that is accurate and up to date,
- Ensure that WVA has identified key partners and is a member of key grant networks in the country and the region,
- Prepare monthly management reports and grant acquisition pipeline to the Program Director and Senior Leadership Team each month on time and to a high level of accuracy.
Research and develop quality proposals
- Review and research possible proposals and recommend whether WVA should pursue these opportunities within the parameters of the growth targets and strategy,
- Manage preparation of project concept notes and proposals for submission – oversee and manage all components of the process. Serve as proposal manager / and or writer and coordinate the proposal development bid team, including technical, Finance, People & Culture, Supply Chain Management, etc.,
- Lead grant applications development and review donor proposal requirements to ensure compliance with donor regulations and organisational guidelines,
- Laise with donors to clarify proposal requirements and follow up after proposal submission with donors and partner (s) as necessary to any requests for additional information. If proposal is approved ensure complete, smooth transition to Grant project Manager/Coordinator which includes the grant start up process. If proposal is denied, ensure debrief happens with the donor and partner (s). Document and disseminate findings and lessons learned to all parties,
- Participate in Grant project Manager’s/ Coordinator’s recruitment, network with other NGOs to help identify strong candidates in the field,
- Pay field visits to collect data from Area Program Coordinators for inclusion in proposals,
- Build cross functional team support with other National Offices for proposals development,
- Monitor the donor competitive landscape, and organize prepositioning meetings with donors and strategic partners for consortium bids,
- Convene WVA go/no-go decisions and ensure grants are within WVA transition and country programme strategy,
- Maintain up-to-date records of the requirements of current potential regional donors and be proactive in the lookout for opportunities for new donors etc.,
- Research, analyze, develop, and track relationships with new and current donors at regional level and share information with other National Offices.
Grant Management and Compliance
- Ensure all aspects of grant compliance and management (e.g. reporting, procurement, visibility, transfer of assets, audit, etc) are understood and applied,
- Ensure that grant and WVA operations are coordinated,
- Ensure regular monitoring visits to verify grant compliance and financial management,
- Together with Grant project Manager/Coordinator manage grant contract amendments, liaise with donors, and M&E to ensure alignment between project implementation plans and budget,
- Work with teams and Grant Project Manager/Coordinatr to ensure and maintain up-to-date WVA grant portfolio on grants financial and risk monitoring data,
- Manage grant contract amendments, including donor liaison, working with colleagues to ensure alignment between revised project implementation plans and budgets,
- Manage WVA grant portfolio reporting, proactively engage with WVA colleagues to ensure reports comply with WV and donor requirements in terms of their presentation and timeliness,
- Track monitoring grant implementation and ensuring grant project burn rate is at least 90%, and ensure that there are no disallowable costs in all grant funded projects,
- Work with Support Offices and Regional Office to ensure timely submission of key grant document as per the signed grant agreement (semi & annual reports, mid-term and final evaluation reports, quarterly financial report etc.) and a successful close out of large scale grants,
- Liaise with externtal vendors/partners for program monitoring and evaluation.
Leadership and Staff Capacity Building
- Assist with building the capacity of WVA staff in grant acquisition, management and compliance,
- Develop a strong successor to be able to take up increasing grant management responsibility,
- Ensure GAM Officer’s performance and development needs are met, and employee is high performing and engaged,
- Engage in Grant staff hiring processes. Depending on size of grant, profile and donor requirement, work with People & Culture to hire high performing staff for key roles,
- Identify capacity gaps at WVA in grants acquisition and management and other factors leading to poor win rates and grants implementation and work with Regional Office, Support Office to address them.
- Liaise with Regional Office, the roll out of the partnership grants acquisition software (i.e. Proposal Pro).
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- MBA (or equivalent) preferably with experience of working in financial risk management, audit or compliance-related work a plus,
- Strong financial and project management skills, with the ability to not only collate and report on program and financial data, but to identify potential risks and opportunities for improvement,
- Proven proposal development capacity,
- Must have a demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisition grant management for major government donors preferred; high performance and quality standards; negotiation skills; ability to motivate and inspire teams,
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage compliance for complex grants in multiple locations and from different donors, while liaising with a wide variety of stakeholders,
- Ability to provide support and training to staff and partners and to “translate” donor language related to guidelines and different requirements to ensure that both concept notes/proposals and project implementation are compliant with donor requirements,
- Adopt a determined and thorough approach to grant acquisition and management and can apply analytical skills and a proactive approach to understand issues and find solutions,
- Strong influencing and networking skills; consortia/network development experience,
- Knowledge of the workings of major donors.
About World Vision Armenia
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organiza