For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Driving Strategy (20%)
- Partner with the Regional Heads & The Managing Director of Program to devise long-term strategies to ensure Teach For Armenia is developing strong programming in order to realize our 2050 Promise
- Leading Team (30%)
- Coach, develop, and support each member of the Learning & Innovation Team so that they achieve ambitious targets
- Launching & Leading Special Projects (40%)
- Partner with External Affairs (and other teams) to launch special initiatives that align to the Kochari & help the organization to achieve its 2050 Promise
- Supporting Org-Wide Initiatives (10%)
- Serve on other working groups and projects as needed
NOTE: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold ourselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter.
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- System-Change Thinking: The Head of Learning & Innovation needs to keep a “birds eye view” over the whole education system in order to co-create programming that will lead to long-term system-wide change.
- Learning & Evaluation: Teach For Armenia strives to be a learning organization. We can only do that through rigorous evaluation of our impact so that we can draw out learning and incorporate lessons learned into our programs.
- Program Design: The Head of Learning & Innovation needs to be a master at designing effective programs that support accelerated learning for diverse audiences, from students to school leaders.
- Pedagogy & Andragogy: As an organization focused on transformation through education, the Head of Learning & Innovation must have a deep commitment to exploring the use and application of diverse teaching methodologies to support both students as well as adult learners.
- Leading Co-Creation: As the Head of Learning & Innovation, it will be key to not only an effective people manager, it will also be important to ensure that each teammate is collaborating with various individuals in order to co-create solutions.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in the education sector (preferred)
- 4+ years leading and/or coaching others (preferred)
- Fluency in Armenian and English (required)
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree (required)
About Teach For Armenia
Teach For Armenia is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Armenia's most promising future leaders in the mission to ensure all children in Armenia have access to an excellent education. Participants in the program, known as Fello