People in Need is looking for a Humanitarian Response Manager to be responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of PIN humanitarian program(s) activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration, security procedures, and representing PIN to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement the district program strategy in collaboration with the respective team members;
- Responsible for day to day management of assigned staff members, ensure regular planning of team activities, ensure regular and quality reporting to supervisor, donors, authorities, and partner organizations;
- Ensure implementation of assigned projects and programs in line with project documentation, in particular in line with workplans, budgets, and logframes, pro-actively notify the supervisor about possible implementation deviation from the plan;
- Ensure program activities are implemented in compliance with humanitarian standards, including SPHERE standards, as well as relevant standards and recommendations by national authorities and/or relevant working groups;
- Ensure humanitarian principles and key cross-cutting themes are mainstreamed throughout activities, in particular non-discrimination, gender equality, do no harm;
- Support as required the Monitoring Manager in ensuring the monitoring of programs in the field. Provides general support, guidance, and serves as focal point during program planning and implementation;
- Together with Logistics and Procurement Department oversees opening, closing and/or regular running of one or more bases including management of all or part of support staff, program support activities, administration, and security of the base as well as coordination with program staff on the country, region and base levels;
- Ensure that PIN procedures and donor regulations applicable to projects implemented in regions with regards to program, logistics, security, HR, finance, and administration are closely followed.
- Represent PIN during general meetings with donors, humanitarian actors, local authorities, protocol meetings, security meetings, as well as sector program meetings;
- Manage the visit of donors representatives/ HQ visitors/ other stakeholders.
Administration/ Human Resources
- Ensure proper management of finances and administration;
- Ensure the management of relevant human resources.
- Responsible for security management and ensure the security of staff, premises, materials and assets.
- At least 3 years of work experience at INGO/ CSO, preferably in a humanitarian/ development context and/ or social services;
- Experience with team management and supervision, and interest in building the capacity of national colleagues;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Highly organized person with attention to details;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and high-level computer literacy.
About People in Need
People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Eur