This is a fixed-term, three-month opportunity for an Information Management and GIS Specialist who will be responsible for the processing and management of data relating to Halo’s operations and explosive remnants of war contamination in Nagorno Karabakh. Working with a small team in Yerevan, the post holder will collect, process and verify data, as well as design and produce a number of information products and maps to support Halo’s Project requirements.
- Design and maintain scalable information managements systems to ensure accurate and efficient collection and storage of a range of operational data, including spatial data. Tools will include ArcGIS Enterprise and Fulcrum;
- Establish a clear data flow with stated quality assurance and control mechanisms to ensure accuracy and consistency of data used in end products;
- Design and maintain maps, infographics and other information products making full use of available data;
- Use Halo internal data, open sources, and other data to produce analysis of the presence and impact of explosive hazards.
- Advanced database management skills, with professional experience using an RDBMS such as SQL, Postgres or Access;
- Bachelor's degree at least in Computer Science, Information Systems, GIS or related discipline;
- At least 3 years' IM or data management experience in a professional context;
- Advanced spoken and written English language with strong communication skills; working knowledge of Russian language is preferred;
- Experience in the use of GIS products, especially ArcGIS, ArcMap and Google Earth;
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with meticulous attention to details;
- Ability to work effectively in a team in a culturally diverse environment; ability to work well under stress and in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work; strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills;
- Commitment to Halo's Values and Standards at all times, in and out of work;
- Commitment to Halo's Global and National Policies, including Safeguarding and Whistleblowing.