Freight Right is seeking an International Quoting Specialist – Air, Ocean, and Ground. The candidate will work with the Company’s global network of agents, re-sellers and customers to quote import and export shipments.
- Analyze costs and tariffs from agents, carriers, and other vendors;
- Analyze competitors rates to identify inconsistencies with the Company's own tariff;
- Negotiate with carriers and agents. Compile rates to increase door to door coverage in given origin/destination pairs;
- Work with reseller partners to provide tariff rates;
- Work on special projects like landed cost calculations for specific products, OOG and project quotes;
- Perform other job-related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience;
- 2-3 years of INTL freight forwarding experience;
- 2-5 years of sales experience;
- Thorough knowledge of international transportation processes, including export and import related charges for air freight, ocean (LCL and FCL) as well as project cargo;
- Knowledge of international customs and forwarding regulations;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/ communications;
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers and partners;
- Driver’s license;
- Proximity to work.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of CargoWise software;
- Experience with tariff sheets;
- Experience with Catapult QMS and/ or QMS Lite;
- Hazardous Material handling knowledge or experience;
- Knowledge of foreign languages is a definite plus;
- Prior travel and international exposure.