“Mission Armenia” charitable NGO is a UNHCR partner organization with a long-term experience in implementation of UNHCR-funded projects geared to providing legal, social, medical and shelter assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers and other displaced persons in Armenia. Within the framework of UNHCR-funded project “Provision of Social, Medical, Legal and Shelter Assistance to Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Armenia”, “Mission Armenia” charitable NGO regularly comes across PoC in need of qualified legal services. For this purpose Mission Armenia invites a qualified Lawyer with interest in refugee protection to join the project team.
- Work in cooperation and coordination with Mission Armenia and UNHCR to ensure fair, effective and efficient protection of PoC in Armenia;
- Provide legal counselling and assistance to PoC;
- Draft official letters, applications, and/ or complaints to relevant state institutions to address legal protection needs and problems of PoC;
- Represent the legitimate interests of UNHCR's PoC in administrative, criminal and other relevant proceedings as a defender;
- Proactively provide expertise and assist with analysis of the national refugee-related legislation and practice;
- Participate in refugee law trainings, workshops and conferences to share experience and develop knowledge and skills in refugee protection.
- University degree in Law;
- License of an advocate;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in Administrative and Criminal Law and procedures;
- Experience in compiling/ submitting applications to the European Court of Human Rights and/ or experience of litigation before the Constitutional Court of Armenia would be considered an asset;
- Excellent command of Armenian language; working knowledge of English language would be considered an asset;
- Good computer skills;
- Interest in protection of refugees, asylum-seekers and other displaced persons;
- Analytical thinking;
- Political awareness;
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Flexibility and ability to work with persons of diverse ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Flexibility and readiness to work during non-working hours or willingness to communicate via telephone in case of urgency;
- Willingness to visit PoC in penitentiary institutions.
About Mission Armenia NGO
The Mission Armenia NGO has received financing from USAID. The goal of the Support to Social Sector Reforms program is to promote an improved and sustained social protection system in Armenia that is responsive to citizen needs. The program will do so by