The Lawyer will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Legal Unit and will have the responsibility to ensure legal consultancy and support to ATDF’s activities within the scope of LEID project implementation, including: a) reviewing legal documentation (memos, contracts, amendments); b) preparing preliminary and final subprojects agreements, public-private engagement agreements and hand over acts; c) supporting legal documentation, as well as (iv) representation of ATDF in governmental and international organizations.
- Advise and contribute to the Project on legal issues;
- Advise on identifying and mitigating risks under the Project;
- Provide support on the development of legal framework for effective and efficient cooperation between the ATDF and counterparts, the ATDF and stakeholders;
- Provide support on development of legal arrangements for effective and efficient private-public cooperation under the Project;
- Review existing model forms of the contracts, provide legal advice on changes and modifications, draft amendments to the contracts executed by the ATDF;
- Provide advice on the outstanding matters related to the implementation of the Project;
- Provide legal advice on the potential liability issues; represent ATDF in court and other state bodies, as well as international organizations.
- Degree in Law or Legal Studies;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience;
- Knowledge of civil law;
- Work experience in donor or international financial institutions' funded development projects is a plus;
- Attorney license.
- Knowledge of Armenian and English languages.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills;
- Diplomacy and negotiating skills;
- Abilities to communicate with the Project affected peoples and handle their complaints and claims;
- Problem-solving and prompt decision-making skills;
- Ability to perform multi-task assignments and to work under pressure;
- Cooperation/ teamwork skills.
Computer Programs, Operating Systems Knowledge Level:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.