Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a Learning Coach in Stepanakert.
Based on the established coaching model the Learning Coache will work directly with TUMO students to:
- Support their learning process;
- Assist them in the design of their personal learning plans;
- Offer guidance toward the completion of learning activities;
- Provide encouragement and motivation toward harnessing the potential of technologies and self-learning;
- Assist in workshop and project coordination in various technology related areas;
- Track student attendance and provide feedback regarding student development, take measures to engage and provide technical inspiration to reluctant students;
- Convey a positive and professional image to students;
- Promote learning in a collaborative and energized mode.
The Learning Coache will also provide feedback to TUMO’s content evaluators in the development of new learning activities and the fine-tuning of existing activities
- Excellent people skills and facility in working with teenagers;
- Familiarity with and ability to learn technical concepts and tools relevant to at least one of the;
- TUMO focus areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking;
- Multifaceted aptitudes in technical areas such as graphic design or programming, and artistic skills such as drawing or writing;
- Willingness to develop higher order skills such as creativity, analytical thinking and initiative taking, as well as organizational capabilities such as teamwork, communication and research skills;
- Experience on the web and in the use of online resources and tools is a plus;
- Undergraduate or graduate education in a recognized university;
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, personal interaction, and public presentation in Armenian, knowledge of English is a plus.
About Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assembles into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org