- Install and set up Linux systems and servers, maintaining a 24x7 uptime service. Develop servers and work with IT team members to ensure that the system works reliably and quickly. Set up the architecture of the systems, engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs, including back-end databases and scripts for specific applications and use cases.
- Perform routine system maintenance and resolve server-side issues as they arise. Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments. Be able to review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions. Work with the system’s source code to make necessary changes to ensure reliable performance and then deploy those changes throughout the system. Proactively monitor system performance and make capacity planning.
- Conduct system backups according to company or industry standards, improving system recovery after a crash or other outage and support data integrity.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools, monitor system performance to prevent slowdowns and crashes. Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes on managed servers. By noticing potential issues or recurring problems within the system, be able to develop and deploy solutions, create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members and other administrators. Be able to work closely with developers, to answer technical questions or resolve issues with server-side performance. Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Maintain systems security by actively identifying faults and vulnerable areas within the system’s architecture. Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment.
- Minimum five years of related work experience
- Strong background in Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.) server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environmentsHands on experience with MySQL and/or MariaDBFamiliarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages, Shell,
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantageAbility to build and monitor services on production servers
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
About Ucom LLC
"Ucom" LLC is a unified communications operator in Armenia, which offers symmetrical and mobile broadband Internet and other services.