“Armenian Association of Social Workers” is looking for a “Local Consultant for the development of Methodological document, operational manual, training materials, (Activation Dimension 1)”.
Under the “Elaboration of methodological document for the social case management intervention”, the Local Consultant shall be responsible for the following tasks in the context of Dimension-1 (Activation):
- In coordination with other two local consultants, develop the Social Case Management Report in Armenia covering the following components:
1) Case management practice in Armenia,
2) Case Management Policy Regulations including, Social Case Management procedure and tools, referral protocols for key service providers and training curricula including content and certification criteria.
- Support the Local Lead Consultant to Develop Recommendations on conceptual framework of the social case management with focus on the activation dimension;
- In coordination of the two local consultants and under the guidance of the lead local consultant, develop Methodological Documents (Guidelines, Procedure, etc.) on social case management
- Attend and support the local lead consultant and international consultant to introduce the developed methodological document at the workshop with relevant stakeholders (Government/MLSA officials, social work practitioners, NGO stakeholders, etc.)
The methodological document will be based on the specifics of all three dimensions indicated by MLSA, and (self-) employment support for vulnerable individuals.
Under the “Development of the Operational Manual for social workers” the Local Consultant shall be responsible for the following tasks in the context of Dimension-1 (Activation)
- In coordination of the two local consultants and under the guidance of the lead local consultant prepare descriptions of operation procedures (to be described in the Operational Manual) based on the new methodological document for social case management, with focus on the activation dimension,
- In coordination of the two local consultants and under the guidance of the lead local consultant elaborate sections of the Operational Manual, which should:
A. reflect the revised/developed social case management methodology in a step-by-step process,
b. provide a detailed description of tasks that social workers need to complete in each step and relevant annexes (intake, screening, assessment, planning, networking, clarification the role of the network participants, including community social workers, and definition of procedures for cooperation, monitoring, positive guidance, evaluation and case closure).
C. provide the features of social work with various social groups (children, elderly people, persons with disabilities) as well as in the case of various social issues (violence, armed conflicts, discrimination, etc.),
D. provide clarification of the functions of members of the social assistance network (case manager, community social worker, etc.), procedures for their cooperation and networking mechanisms,
E. describe social protection system in emergency situations, and rapid renewal mechanisms in accordance to situation specific features,
F. include a user-friendly guide for social workers with key messages and techniques for screening, interview and observation during home visits and interview, case conference, assessment interview, motivational interview, needs-based intervention, etc.
- Attend and support the local lead consultant and international consultant to introduce the developed Operational Manual at the online workshop with relevant stakeholders (Government/MLSA officials, social work practitioners, NGO stakeholders, etc.)
Under the “Elaboration of training materials to train social workers” the Local Consultant shall be responsible for the following tasks in the context of Dimension-1:
- In coordination of the two local consultants and under the guidance of the lead local consultant develop training (including on-line and/or offline training) package (including manual, handouts, guidelines, presentations, practical exercises, etc.) with focus on the activation dimension. The training package should be comprised of:
- Detailed description and explanation of social case management (procedures and processes),
- Features, attributes and peculiarities of applying case management methodology in work with families with complex needs, differences with clinical intervention of social worker, social case coordination and management and other type of social workers’ functions,
- Tools describing standardized methods on how to identify the needs of marginalized people, undocumented persons, how to cope with resisting clients, how to map community social services and maintain effective interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral collaboration,
- Definition and concept of activation approach, specifics of activation, support and care, advanced practices and lessons learned, including skills to identify potential collaboration opportunities with local businesses and CSOs to propose alternative employment/entrepreneurship for beneficiaries; the practical tips/examples for (self) employment support will be provided by the Consultant for Component-2.
- Roles and functions of social workers’ in the frame of the Project.
Under the “Development/revision of the tools for social workers” the Local Consultant for Dimension-1 shall:
- In coordination of the two local consultants and under the guidance of the lead local consultant, develop/revise the tools for social workers, with focus on the activation dimension.
- Contribute to the development of MIS for social workers
- Pilot/test the social workers’ tools in project target and contribute to the adjustment of the tools (if necessary).
Under the “Development of referral protocols for key service providers” the Local Consultant for Dimension-1 shall:
- Study the existing IT tools used by social workers and provide recommendations on the development of MIS for social workers, with focus on the activation dimension
- Develop referral protocols, with focus on those associated to the activation dimension, which should cover the work with various social groups as well as describe formal arrangements on preferential access for referred beneficiaries to various institutions and provide the integrity of the support from referred institutions.
Under the “Conducting the training (workshops, SW’s on-job-the training (coaching)) for social workers” assignment the Local Consultant for Dimension-1 in coordination of the two local consultants and under the guidance of the lead local consultant shall:
- Conduct three two-day training workshops for state and community social workers in project target marzes following the training workshops with focus on the activation dimension
- Deliver on-the-job training activities (coaching) to social workers involved in training workshops with focus on the activation dimension (if needed).
- Carry out group supervision sessions to promote best practice exchanges among the case managers coming from various social services with focus on the activation dimension (if needed).
Trainings and coaching sessions will be in person, virtual or of mixed modalities, depending on the official health recommendations in the country associated to the pandemic.
The deliverables (Methodology, Operational Manual and other documents) have to be provided in English (if there is no a special request from PIA to prepare in Armenian).
The above mentioned tasks shall be carried out within the framework of a Service Contract concluded between the contracting body (Armenian Association of Social Workers) and the Consultant.
The working days for the activity N7 (training workshops and coaching) will depend of the personal workload of the Consultant and will be fixed by work-sheets.Contract a binding agreement between two or more persons that is enforceable by law More (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)
The Consultant shall fulfil the following qualifications:
- Higher professional education in task-relevant field (e.g. sociology, social work, social sciences, etc.),
- Sound knowledge on social work frameworks and models and at least 5 years of working experience in the relevant field, with specific experience on activation projects targeted to vulnerable populations,
- Experience for developing methodologies, tools, designing and delivering of trainings (experience in specific project dimension is an advantage),
- Experience with social protection sector, transformative social work, case management,
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Armenian,
- Very good communication, presentation and facilitation skills,
- Relevant computer skills necessary to execute well-designed, professional documents.