With guidance and supervision from the Country Director, the Logistics and Procurement Manager will have a key role in leading the logistics and procurement processes in PIN Armenia mission both for development and humanitarian projects. The position is based in Yerevan with inconstant travels around Armenia.
- Lead the development of PIN Armenia logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation;
- Oversee the overall operations of the logistics department, including compound management, transportation of goods, procurement and supply chain management, assets management and administration, across all field offices of PIN Armenia;
- Oversee logistics budgets, improve and contribute to planning of logistics needs for current and new projects;
- On the basis of logistics budgets, ensure effective and efficient use of funds, and provide feedback/suggestions to the Senior Management Team;
- Coordinate closely with Logistics and Procurement staff to ensure standardization of processes and procedures for logistics for PIN Armenia;
- Review the ongoing systems/procedures and suggest improvements;
- Ensure compliance in all aspects with PIN and donor rules and guidelines.
- Oversee and manage procurement of goods/services, implementing centralized procurement system, following all relevant donor and PIN's guidelines and procedures, and considering relevant corruption risks;
- On a regular basis audit the procurement system/processes in order to identify and address gaps and challenges associated with operations in the Armenian context;
- Coordinate and support timely deliveries and distribution from and to warehouse (or any relevant location);
- Provide detailed training and mentoring to relevant staff in procurement rules and regulations;
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services in a safe and cost-effective manner, facilitated by good planning;
- Oversee negotiations with local suppliers and contract management;
- Ensure the procurement plan is always up-to-date and encourage proper procurement planning;
- Ensure all procurement tools are updated on a monthly basis (wishing list, contract tracker, etc.).
Asset and IT Management
- Ensure PIN policies are matching donor’s requirements and adjust if this is not the case;
- Ensure compliance with each donor and PIN requirements regarding asset procurement and management, be up-to-date on each donors’ guidelines;
- Ensure that IT systems function smoothly to support office needs and that IT usage policy is adhered to.
Admin (Premises Management/ Communication)
- Ensure close coordination with PIN HQ security department to ensure the safety and security of PIN offices;
- Warehouse: ensure each warehouse is matching PIN and donors' requirements in term of conditioning, safety and security;
- Office and guesthouse: ensure that the equipping and maintenance of expats residences and office is done in a timely manner;
- Communication: supervise and control the use of communication equipment and ensure it follows the overall PIN communication policy.
- Conduct performance management for his/ her employees;
- Responsible for supervision and capacity building of national staff employed in the logistics and procurement department across all PIN's offices Armenia;
- Facilitate the communication within the logistics department as well as the other departments;
- Responsible for the technical support of all logistics staff;
- Ensure adherence to PIN Code of Conduct and PIN Key Policies.
- Be the technical adviser for all logistical tasks related to project implementation;
- Ensure appropriate logistics training to Project Managers and coordinate regularly to stay up-to-date on the status of each projects;
- Develop and maintain good network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses.
- At least 3 years of professional experience within a humanitarian and/or development organization;
- At least 3 years of proven experience in management of logistics and procurement departments;
- Familiarity with procurement and logistics guidelines of main institutional donors (ECHO, EU, USAID, etc.);
- Experience with team management and supervision, and interest in building the capacity of national teams;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Armenian languages;
- Strong grasp of project cycle management and quality standards in humanitarian programming, including safeguarding and accountability mechanisms;
- Strong organizational, critical analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Innate problem-solver;
- Highly organized person with attention to details;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Strong sense of integrity and willingness to pass the knowledge to others;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and high-level computer literacy.
About People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia
People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Eur