The Logistics Officer assists the Country Representative for supply chain management intended to program implementation in country, as well as for logistical transversal management such as fleet, fuel, premises, assets and communication management. He/ she should ensure compliance of all logistics operations under his/ her responsibility with ACTED logistics and donors’ procedures, best practices and national regulations, with an emphasis given to the value for money principle. He/ she will also provide technical support and capacity building to the logistics staff in country.
- Ensure that ACTED procurement guidelines are applied at all times;
- Establish and maintain the national supplier database up-to-date;
- Responsible for supplier contracting and tracking of supplier performance;
- Responsible for procurement planning with project teams.
Stocks and Deliveries:
- Ensure ACTED warehousing guidelines are applied at all times;
- Follow-up deliveries under his/ her responsibility based on contractual terms;
- Responsible for joint delivery planning with project teams;
- Undertake regular inventory.
- Support vehicles allocations, purchase or rental based on program and transversal needs in country;
- Support efficient monthly, weekly, and daily planning and movements follow-up tools;
- Ensure that ACTED fleet/ fuel management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: logbooks, registration and maintenance sheets, etc.
Asset, IT and Communications Management:
- Support assets allocations, purchase or rental based on program and transversal needs in country;
- Ensure that ACTED asset management guidelines are applied in the area at all times: registration cards, monthly asset follow-up, etc.;
- Ensure compliance with individual donor's regulations pertaining to assets;
- Support communication and IT needs and communication means allocations, purchase or rental accordingly based on program and transversal needs in country.
- Track security situation and access restrictions in ACTED's areas of intervention;
- Establish a movement security clearance and tracking process;
- Contribute to ACTED country security plan development;
- Liaison with relevant security services.
Reporting and Capacity Building:
- Ensure monthly submission of all internal reporting requirements pertaining to procurement, stock, fleet, assets, IT and communications management;
- Train ACTED staff and partner staff on all ACTED logistics procedures, particularly procurement and stock/ delivery management.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant fields;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- At least 3 years of work experience in logistics roles, preferably in an international humanitarian/ development organization;
- Strong experience/ understanding of logistical processes, procedures and reporting of international donors is preferred;
- Solid understanding of supplier management and procurement processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office programs;
- Stress-resilience, adaptability, pro-activity, team spirit.