Orran was founded twenty-one years ago in Yerevan to divert children of destitute families from the streets and engage them in academic, cultural, and extra-curricular activism. Orran also helps lonely and needy elderly. Today the organization assists over 220 children and 95 elderly in its centers of Yerevan and Vanadzor.
• Divert children from the streets and engage them in academic, cultural, and extra-curricular activities
• Fight the concept of beggar children as the principal breadwinners of their families
• Help families “in crisis”
• Assist the lonely and needy elderly
• Identify and develop children’s interests and talents toward a working career
• Prevent the spread of destitution and begging among Armenia’s children and elderly
1. Title: Marketing and Fund Raising Coordinator – Position Summary
The Marketing and Fund Raising Coordinator performs the organization’s marketing functions and manages the company’s fund raising and development functions at 6 First Yekmalian street, Yerevan.
He or she will work closely with the worldwide fund raising coordinator who is a board member, currently located overseas.
The work performed requires a high level of proficiency in marketing, and fund raising.
The Marketing and Fund Raising Coordinator will report to the Chief Executive Officer
2. 2. Essential Objectives, Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential private donors (with or without Armenian background)
- Study and identify potential institutional donors for Orran
- Develop and implement fund raising campaigns and fundraising activities (such as meetings, Gala dinners, fund raising races etc.) to target the identified potential private donors
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing marketing tools such as brochures, leaflets, presentation materials, letters etc.
- Write grant applications to institutional donors
- Give talks and presentations about Orran to maximize Orran’s presence in the market place
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing benefactors/donors
- Ensure that the contributions/donations, financial or otherwise, of fundraising supporters, donors and participants in events are appropriately acknowledged
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with the print media, radio, television
- Ensure an Internet-based presence of Orran for the targeted markets
- Attend all fundraising events related to Orran as required, supporting colleagues, external fundraisers and fundraising supporters
- Report monthly to the Orran Board of Directors, or any other person entrusted by the Board, about all activities and the financial results of the fund raising activities against agreed financial targets
- University degree preferably in marketing; an MBA degree is also preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in marketing/sales
- Experience organizing large and small events and recruiting and working with volunteers
- Previous experience in fundraising activity is preferred
Ethics: Unquestioned principles and behavior. Collaborative and responsible work habits
Bias for Action: Demonstrating a sense of urgency to achieve important goals
Performance: Setting and achieving ambitious goals