Main performance objectives
The main goal of DevOps Engineer is to bridge the gap between development, quality assurance and IT operations, and to promote communication and collaboration among these various teams.
Typical responsibility list
- Merge daily tasks involved in the development, quality control, deployment, and integration of software development into a continuous set of processes.
- Collaborate with IT and Security teams to ensure quality releases.
- Analyze the technology currently being used and develop plans and processes for improvement and expansion.
- Use configuration management software to automatically deploy updates and fix into the production environment.
The DevOps Engineer serves an important role on each team and liaises between both. A DevOps culture needs to be based on principles that Podcastle sets forth and ultimately adheres to. And Podcastle staff needs to be educated on this cultural and structural shift, so they understand what to expect and how to achieve the necessary change.
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Good knowledge of Git
- Good knowledge of CI/CD
- Strong knowledge of virtualization and containerization
- Experience with Container orchestration (Docker-compose, Kubernetes)
- Experience with any programming language
- Experience with DBs basics
- Strong networking skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with at least one cloud provider (GCP, AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean)
- Good knowledge of Automation (ansible, chef, puppet)
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure as a code (Terraform, or in case AWS cloud formation)
- Security mindset