BOOTECH CJSC is looking for a mid-level Android Developer as a full-time team member to join its team in Yerevan, to participate in the design and development phases of projects by understanding the business requirements, undertaking design activities, performing development/coding/testing, consulting/mentoring team members, discussing and deciding the project development plans.
- Assist Engineering/Project Managers and/or Company’s clients to define project requirements and stakeholder needs;
- Periodically review and monitor the existing software architectures, discover the technical debt, eliminating these and preventing their accumulation;
- Apply best practice techniques; monitor and input into the organization's standards and processes;
- Periodically discuss the project status, challenges with stakeholders, make decisions and development plans based on the project priorities;
- Work as a part of the team (can include also remote members); help team to grow in knowledge, participate in management discussions, support long-term company growth;
- Able to handle communication/conference calls with clients at late hours if required;
- Experience with cross-platform mobile development and addressing device fragmentation issues;
- Evaluate and research the latest device technology, coding patterns, OS Frameworks and features and recommend and implement within the larger digital team.
- 2+ years of experience in Android development;
- Solid knowledge of Computer Science concepts, specially Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Experience preparing design documents (including UML diagrams);
- Expert knowledge of Java, Kotlin, and native Android SDK;
- Good knowledge of UI/UX principles, experience with implementing designs to support a variety of screen sizes and orientations;
- Experience with efficient client-side integration with Restful and SOAP-based services in high-performance ecosystem;
- Solid demonstrated experiencing optimizing native Android applications for non-functional performance (memory, power, etc…);
- Capable of quickly learning new mobile platforms, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies;
- Working experience in SCRUM/Agile development process, including related tools like JIRA, Redmine, Confluence, GIT or similar;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff;
- Positive, constructive and can do/learn attitude.
- Working experience with C++ and openGL;
- Working experience with web frameworks;
- Knowledge of SQL and noSQL databases, including local storage techniques for Android;
- Solid and demonstrated experience testing applications, including writing unit tests, test automation scripts;
- Working experience in continuous integration/dev ops tools and technologies like Jenkins and TravisCI or similar.