Equiti AM is looking for a Middle Database Developer, who will be responsible for developing and supporting database solutions within both the production and development environments.
- Expert understanding of normalization concepts and database design theory;
- Design, develop and optimize data layer code (queries, views, stored procedures) and schema to support application and performance requirements;
- Troubleshoot and fix database performance issues, including optimizing application queries/ query plans;
- Design and build next generation database infrastructure that will support thousands of customers in a cloud-based healthcare platform application;
- Design, debug and modify ETL/ ELT packages (SSIS), and design/ configure reporting services;
- Support Reporting/ BI initiatives;
- Assist the technical lead in the design and implementation of optimized, scalable, and reusable solutions;
- Work closely with business analysts to understand functional needs and collaborate on design ideas and improvements;
- Stay current with cutting-edge technologies and emerging industry trends and best practices. Relate these to current products and evaluate/ prototype potential applications;
- He/ she may also assist other technical staff with troubleshooting production issues.
- At least 3-5 years of commercial experience in development MS SQL and MySQL servers;
- SQL profiling and performance tuning on both infrastructure and application levels;
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle;
- Good English language communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with cloud database services and managed instances (in AWS or Azure) is a huge benefit;
- Exposure to other SQL and NOSQL databases;
- Python, C#, or other scripting language;
- Experience with JIRA or other issue tracking software;
- Experience with Git.