UNICEF is looking for a motivated specialist with experience in programme monitoring and evaluation and good research and evaluation skills. Under the guidance of Child Rights Monitoring, Monitoring and Evaluation (CRM, M&E) Specialist the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Research and Evaluation) will be accountable for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/ data collection, statistics and data analysis, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), preparation of reports, communication and partnership, and in implementing training programmes for national and sub-national data collection, monitoring, evaluation and research capacity building with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of primary stakeholders.
- Integrated Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning (IMEP): Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners use a well-prioritised and realistic plan of research, monitoring and evaluation activities that will provide the most relevant and strategic information to manage the Country Programme, including tracking and assessing UNICEF’s distinct contribution;
- Situation Monitoring and Assessment: Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office and national partners have timely and accurate measurement of change in conditions in the country or region, including monitoring of socio-economic trends and the country’s wider policy, economic or institutional context, to facilitate planning and to draw conclusions about the impact of programmes or policies;
- Programme Performance Monitoring: Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected results established in annual work plans;
- Evaluation: Provide technical support to ensure that a well-prioritised and strategic selection of evaluations at programme or Country Office strategy level is managed in order that each evaluation is designed and carried out with quality process and products and that evaluation results are useful to the intended audience;
- M&E Capacity Building: Provide technical support to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners - government and civil society - are strengthened enabling them to increasingly engage in and lead monitoring and evaluation processes;
- Communication and Partnerships: Provide technical support to ensure that all of the above tasks are carried out and accomplished through effective communication and partnerships.
- Education: University degree in Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Survey Implementation, Advanced Statistical Research;
- Experience: Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities as follows:
a) 1 year of relevant professional work experience and field work experience;
b) Experience of work with a UN agency, especially UNICEF is an asset;
c) Experience in research and evaluation planning, coordination, implementation, quality assurance and reporting is an asset.
- Languages: Fluency in Armenian and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language, such as Russian, is an asset.
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness;
- Works Collaboratively with others;
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships;
- Innovates and Embraces Change;
- Thinks and Acts Strategically;
- Drive to achieve impactful results;
- Manages ambiguity and complexity.
The functional competencies required for this post are:
- Applying technical expertise;
- Planning and organizing.