Duration: long term (5 years). Location: Yerevan, Armenia and remote per applicable USAID COVID travel restrictions.
Deloitte in Armenia is part of the CIS Holdings Limited (“Deloitte CIS”), a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL). We provide audit, tax and legal, consulting, and advisory services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and in-depth local expertise to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
To learn more about Deloitte Armenia CJSC, please visit: www.deloitte.am.
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s International Donor Organization (IDO) practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Leading project teams and contributing on the improvement of governance of the water sector including:
- Streamlining legal, regulatory and planning environment
- Enforcement of laws, regulations and plans
- Transparent and accountable water governance
- Strengthening linkages between stakeholders
- Engagement with stakeholder for improved accountability and GOAM buy-in
- Providing specialist input into other project activity areas where required
- Mentoring and supporting junior consultants and counterparts working on water projects Optional regional activities
- Assessment of opportunities for transboundary water cooperation
- Improving water monitoring over shared resources
- Enhancing engagement with the governments, academia, universities, etc.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field including (but not limited to) Hydrology, Water Resources Management, Environmental Studies and Earth Sciences, Economics, Development Studies, Public Management, Engineering or any other relevant post-graduate qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in public water sector consulting with a keen understanding of the financial, institutional and regulatory systems that underpin water systems and water infrastructure
- A keen ability and experience in project management and exposure to running complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Established personal networks in the water development sector particularly in the Caucuses, Eastern Europe or the FSU
- Experience in driving and / or managing water project teams in Armenia
- Prior work experience for USAID projects and/or other bilateral or international development partners is strongly preferred
- Outstanding communications skills and the ability to work effectively and partner with clients and beneficiaries
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- Ability to clearly break down and explain a complex topic verbally and in writing
- Good time management, with the ability to meet task deadlines within time-frames and budget
- Ability to speak, read and write English and Armenian fluently