International Republican Institute is looking for a Program Associate (PA). The incumbent will be tasked to provide administrative, programmatic and logistical support to the Project. The PA is a member of the Program team composed of the Senior Program Manager (SPM), Program Officer (Executive Branch), Program Officer (Legislative Branch) and MEL and Contracts Officer. The PA will assist the Resident Program Director (RPD) and the SPM in the implementation and reporting of all Project activities, provide relevant analysis of governance reform and engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Assist the Resident Program Director (RPD), Senior Program Manager (SPM) and Program Officers in the planning and implementation of meetings and programmatic events organized by IRI;
- Solicit topics from staff for agendas of internal IRI Armenia staff meetings and circulate RPD-approved agenda;
- Prepare reports for staff and program meetings and follow up on action items/ tasks assigned during the meetings;
- Support the MEL and Contracts Officer in data collection and reporting, particularly with writing Observation Protocols;
- Supports the SPM and Program Officers in preparing contributions for Weekly Reports, and for participation in external meetings, as requested;
- Interpret/ translate meetings and documents, when external interpretation/ translation is not provided;
- Coordinate airline travel, hotel accommodation and agenda plans for visiting IRI staff and other official visitors;
- With the supervision of RPD and SPM, lead in the development and implementation of an internship program, including (but not limited to) the orientation of interns, workload distribution, and monthly reporting on work conducted by interns;
- Provide research assistance and analysis on political and social developments in Armenia, as well as on other program-related topics;
- Work with the RPD, SPM and program officers in the development of new programming opportunities and assist in drafting project proposals;
- Perform other duties as assigned by RPD.
- BA degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Development, Law or another relevant field (master's degree as an asset);
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages;
- At least 1 year of experience in implementing development-related projects, preferably in the field of democratic governance.