KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Other as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of food security programme;
- Experience interacting with partners and other stakeholders on the issues related to food security;
- A good understanding of WFP policies and programming requirements with a working knowledge of project finance, costing, budgeting and procurement, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of several statistical tools and methods for food security analysis.
- Developed practical expertise in food security analysis and mapping by participating in multiple assessments in countries, including the design, data collection and analysis.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organization and planning ability;
- Capacity to work simultaneously on several projects and multitasking abilities;
- Ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Armenian languages; working knowledge (level B) of Russian language.